Tower and Taxisign bug, Build 2826

Tested using APX21250 in 0203

Airport MMMX

1. Tower element in the tree view has 2 tower objects shown. The second one is stored in the XML output.

2. TaxiwaySign. One taxiwaysign (3rd from end of sign list) has label "E/" missing format charater. Assume it should be d.

scott s.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
1. Tower element in the tree view has 2 tower objects shown. The second one is stored in the XML output.
Hmmm - I can confirm that is what is being decoded. SDE assumes only one tower object per tower so only one is transferred to the xml output.

Is it possible to have two tower objects?

2. TaxiwaySign. One taxiwaysign (3rd from end of sign list) has label "E/" missing format charater. Assume it should be d.
Confirmed. Seems I am still having problems decoding some taxisign labels

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Based on the schema we can have only one tower object, however it seems possible to compile two into the airport record after the tower entry.

Doug

Could you comment on whether two tower objects are allowed. As you mentioned elsewhere everything in the default is done through BGLComp so it would help to understand how to write the XML to match this (assuming the pair of tower objects at MMMX is correct :) )

I think we ran into this early on with EHAM which has 2 Tower objects also. One was the Polderban Tower and the other the Main Tower.

I can't remeber the out come but someome was trying to change the default view back to the Main Tower (FSX has them backwards).

The fix so SDE would work was to move one Tower above the Airport records and make it a Scenery Object leaving the main Tower nested in the airport records.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Thank Jim

I recall that conversation. I am wondering, though, how it is possible to get two tower objects in an airport record.