• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA TrafficdatabaseBuilder usage

Country
unitedkingdom
It is 6 years since anyone has posted regarding the use of TrafficDataBaseBuilder.exe to create traffic at airports.

I have been experimenting with it for a few weeks trying to get it to generate some 'random' flights. Realising that the SDK notes are, at best, weak on information and correctness, I have been trying various different combinations of the Options but have so far had no success. I have created an airports list using the Dump from FSX and a limited aircraft list but can get no further.
Has anyone been successful in using the TDBB function to generate random traffic?

Country
unitedkingdom
Found my problem - I was using an "Aircraft" file generated by JF Traffic X which contains data that has to be changed before TDBB will do what I was looking for.

:wave:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I've used TDBB successfully to generate random traffic for both large and small aircraft (the latter will not use large airports). It works better than "GA Traffic".

Good to hear you've solved your problem. TDBB can be a bit touchy regarding aircraft and airport inputs.

Country
unitedkingdom
I've used TDBB successfully to generate random traffic for both large and small aircraft (the latter will not use large airports). It works better than "GA Traffic".

Good to hear you've solved your problem. TDBB can be a bit touchy regarding aircraft and airport inputs.

Thanks for your interest.
The reason I have been looking at TDBB stems from my use of Traffic X to give me AI (well out of date now but it does put AI in most places around the world, with a lot of my input as well). I recently modified a couple of airports using ADE neither of which TX was not inclined to add random business AI traffic to, no matter what I did. (In case you are not aware, TX has a method to create 'random business flights' with a few clicks on selection buttons.) I had not noticed this lack of business AI on any of the over 300 airports that I have previously modified.
I have now managed, using TDBB, to create some business flights for the 2 airports by creating an "aircrafttypes" file that only contains 'business type' aircraft and an "airports" file that contains the 2 airports plus a selection of other airports up to 300nm away (about 10 in all). TDBB created about 60 schedules from which I was able to select about 10 for each of the 2 airports. A bit of editing, registration numbers/letters and so on, and I have now got what I wanted.
Still in the dark as to why TX did not want to add the traffic but I can now carry on with my 'flying'.