• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Transferring P3D v4 (and earlier) project files to use with P3D v5

Country
us-newyork
A couple things to check. Are the new jetways set to "very dense" and as a result not visible with the comparable sim scenery density setting? Also are their altitudes set to AGL or field?

Country
netherlands
I tried "normal" till "extremely dense" , but all situations are the same . And I don't see altitude settings on the jetway , see attachment.
I only can add a new jetway from the P3D library objects : airport objects.

Attachments

• jetway.jpg
    jetway.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 311

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
If jetways are set to extremely dense then is the sim also set to that? There are no altitude settings for jetways. I am not clear If you are referring to jetway models or the jetway objects? Adding jetways is available only if a parking spot is selected first

1593777938142.png

Perhaps you would post the project file so we can take a look at it also?

Country
netherlands
My settings in P3Dv5 are very high and extremely dense . In this attached ad file of KGTF I don't see the jetways on the the airport. And that happens with other airport as well. And the settings in the jetways are normal.
Joop

Attachments

• KGTF_ADEP5_P3D5.ad4
    67.9 KB · Views: 296
Country
unitedstates
Joop, if you remove the EXCLUDE rectangle that currently covers the 4 gates, the jetways will be visible.
Best regards

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I agree with Lemon. This worked for me also. Generally we don't recommend large exclusion rectangles like that since we can never be sure what they are excluding. Exclusions and jetways have never got on. What l am not sure about is the mechanism since you have jetways in the project and the exclude should work on the stock jetways only. Of course if you remove that big exclude then other stock stuff from v5 may appear.

Country
netherlands
Jon and Lemon, Thanks for your advices. I will try to make the exclude files smaller. When you transfer an old P3Dv4 afcad into a P3Dv5 afcad, you must use uxcludes to remove several default buildings from P3Dv5. But I will use more specific exclude files from now on. But thanks for your help.
Joop

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
When you transfer an old P3Dv4 afcad into a P3Dv5 afcad, you must use uxcludes to remove several default buildings from P3Dv5.

No you don't and least not excludes you add yourself like that. This may be helpful: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...lier-project-files-to-use-with-p3d-v5.447641/

It may be more work that simple large exclusion rectangles but the results are generally better and certainly more controlled

EDIT
Oh I am sending you to the thread we are in :(. Nevertheless please read the first two posts which describe a method we suggest for removing v5 default elements when converting ADE projects

Last edited:
Country
mexico
Hi Jon
I am new to this ADE and I would like to learn how to exclude the default terminals in P3Dv5, since I install a scenario and the default terminal appears on top of the installed scenario, I would like to know if there is a tutorial that explains step by step from scratch to be able to learn thank you very much greetings

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Jon
I am new to this ADE and I would like to learn how to exclude the default terminals in P3Dv5, since I install a scenario and the default terminal appears on top of the installed scenario, I would like to know if there is a tutorial that explains step by step from scratch to be able to learn thank you very much greetings

Did you read the first two post in this thread?

Country
mexico
I read but have no doubts precisely at this point (I loaded project v4 into v5 and ran Delete stock status from stock data. Now I have no micro excludes 19 stage objects (all fake for stock) and 98 taxi signs (all false for stock))
If I open the stock airport, how can I open the other one from v4 to v5, is it imported or how do I do it? I am new to this and I would like to learn why I asked if there was any tutorial from scratch on how to remove the default terminals from p3dv5, thanks

Country
unitedstates
I suspect LM left them out of the hotfix 2 build. This does not apply to "ALL" stock airports, but you are correct, I found several (all of different sizes) without a Tower.
Probably best to ask LM in their forums.

Country
unitedstates
I read but have no doubts precisely at this point (I loaded project v4 into v5 and ran Delete stock status from stock data. Now I have no micro excludes 19 stage objects (all fake for stock) and 98 taxi signs (all false for stock))
If I open the stock airport, how can I open the other one from v4 to v5, is it imported or how do I do it? I am new to this and I would like to learn why I asked if there was any tutorial from scratch on how to remove the default terminals from p3dv5, thanks

Maybe I can help..I have been through this several times and Jon has pulled my head out of that dark place, more than once.
First, I am not clear why you stated above "If I open the stock airport, how can I open the other one from v4 to v5,".
You should be working with the v4 Project File but loading it using the ADE for v5 (ADE development version 79.7475 provides you with working with either a v4 or a v5 project file).
Using ADE (version 79.7475), load the P3Dv4 airport (I assume this is your custom airport, not the v4 stock)
Once loaded (aka: you have started ADE version 79.7475, selected you want to work with v5 and now you select File -> Open Airport-> select the v4 project file)
Using ADE, select from the "dropdown" under TOOLS: "Remove Stock Data Status
When complete, go again to TOOLS and select: Remove Stock Data
When complete, go again to TOOLS and select: Load Stock Data and select ALL catagories
When complete, go to LISTS and select "Scenery Objects", find the col. labeled "Is Stock", then scroll down until you find the first "True" line. As this list has been sorted, ALL of the "True" will be together. Select all "True" Lines and DELETE.
Do the exact same for Taxi Signs.
You will then need to compile the airport and be aware that the compile may fail with duplicate comms, etc. but the failures are clearly labeled and you would again go back (if you had duplicates) to the LISTS and select Comms and delete the duplicate(s) that already exist.
The last thing to do is then save this airport as a P3Dv5 project.
Hope this might help...I hope I did not misunderstand your question.
Cheers

Country
mexico
Maybe I can help..I have been through this several times and Jon has pulled my head out of that dark place, more than once.
First, I am not clear why you stated above "If I open the stock airport, how can I open the other one from v4 to v5,".
You should be working with the v4 Project File but loading it using the ADE for v5 (ADE development version 79.7475 provides you with working with either a v4 or a v5 project file).
Using ADE (version 79.7475), load the P3Dv4 airport (I assume this is your custom airport, not the v4 stock)
Once loaded (aka: you have started ADE version 79.7475, selected you want to work with v5 and now you select File -> Open Airport-> select the v4 project file)
Using ADE, select from the "dropdown" under TOOLS: "Remove Stock Data Status
When complete, go again to TOOLS and select: Remove Stock Data
When complete, go again to TOOLS and select: Load Stock Data and select ALL catagories
When complete, go to LISTS and select "Scenery Objects", find the col. labeled "Is Stock", then scroll down until you find the first "True" line. As this list has been sorted, ALL of the "True" will be together. Select all "True" Lines and DELETE.
Do the exact same for Taxi Signs.
You will then need to compile the airport and be aware that the compile may fail with duplicate comms, etc. but the failures are clearly labeled and you would again go back (if you had duplicates) to the LISTS and select Comms and delete the duplicate(s) that already exist.
The last thing to do is then save this airport as a P3Dv5 project.
Hope this might help...I hope I did not misunderstand your question.
Cheers

Hi Lemon, I appreciate your help,
I am going to try to explain myself, first of all I am a novice in editing scenarios, my problem is that I migrate from p3dv4.5 to p3dv5 and some scenarios I have are compatible with p3dv5 there is no problem in that so far we are going well ok, the problem I have scenarios and when adding them to p3dv5 I get the defalt terminals of p3dv5 on top of the scenario that I add, what I want to learn is how to exclude the default terminals and the scenario that I add to p3dv5 can be seen well.
I would really appreciate it if you can help me do that since I have several scenarios that I would like to arrange to use you in p3dv5,
I reiterate I do not know anything about ADE how to use it is why I ask for some manual or tutorial to start from scratch and be able to learn to make the exclusions, for your help thank you very much and for the patience to pay attention to my request, I hope I have explained myself, greetings and Blessings

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am going to try to explain myself, first of all I am a novice in editing scenarios, my problem is that I migrate from p3dv4.5 to p3dv5 and some scenarios I have are compatible with p3dv5 there is no problem in that so far we are going well ok, the problem I have scenarios and when adding them to p3dv5 I get the defalt terminals of p3dv5 on top of the scenario that I add, what I want to learn is how to exclude the default terminals and the scenario that I add to p3dv5 can be seen well.
I would really appreciate it if you can help me do that since I have several scenarios that I would like to arrange to use you in p3dv5,
I reiterate I do not know anything about ADE how to use it is why I ask for some manual or tutorial to start from scratch and be able to learn to make the exclusions, for your help thank you very much and for the patience to pay attention to my request, I hope I have explained myself, greetings and Blessings

Then you need to follow the process Lemon described. You need to load the v5 stock data into your project and then delete the items you do not want to see from the updated v4 project. There is no need for you to create your own exclusions - ADE does this for you.

ADE has a help system and a manual. This thread lists a number of video tutorials about using ADE starting from scratch. If you need to learn how to use ADE from scratch then start with these: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ade-basics-videos-by-mark-from-soarfly-concepts.446474/

Country
unitedstates
Ruben, I guess I need to ask you a couple of "basic" questions to educate me.
1. Do you have ADE installed? If yes, what version is it? If no, I would ask you to install the current "Development" version as it fully supports P3Dv5.
2. Do you now have the ADE manual that Jon mentioned?
3. Which airport are you seeing the terminal being overlaid with the "stock" terminal?
4. If you have ADE installed, are you familiar with the use of "Add Position Markers" and "Add Exclusion Rectangles"? (see the attached pic)
Let me know your answers and we will take this education session to the next level. :)

Attachments

• ADE1.PNG
    ADE1.PNG
    966.6 KB · Views: 310
Country
mexico
Then you need to follow the process Lemon described. You need to load the v5 stock data into your project and then delete the items you do not want to see from the updated v4 project. There is no need for you to create your own exclusions - ADE does this for you.

ADE has a help system and a manual. This thread lists a number of video tutorials about using ADE starting from scratch. If you need to learn how to use ADE from scratch then start with these: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ade-basics-videos-by-mark-from-soarfly-concepts.446474/

thank you very much Jon I will be visiting that link, greetings