• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Trying to load, “ADE-9-Setup-full-1.55

Country
us-maine
I loaded ADE_160_4932_Beta which only loads FSX Airports, at least mine does. Which works very well.

Trying to load, “ADE-9-Setup-full-1.55”. Won’t load because, of error message, A higher version is installed already 1.55.4860.23619, is already installed. This Installation for version 1.55.4805.28665 cannot proceed.

I have done a search for ADE 1.55.4860.23619, can’t find, Checked MSFS, FS Design Tools, nothing, hidden folder are activated, nothing hiding there. Can’t find ADE 1.55.4860.23619 anywhere, from what, I can see it it has to be remove before I can install ADE-9-Setup-full-1.55.

Where do I look to find it??

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Go to your Windows Control Panel and uninstall it there.

ADE 1.60 will edit both FSX and FS9 airports. If you have both FS9 and FSX on your computer, then ADE should ask which version you want to load as it starts. If it doesn't, you may need to tell the registry where FS9 is located by using the free Flight1 registry fix utility.

Hope this helps,

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The ADE 1.55 installation and update process records the last installed version (of 1.55) in the registry. It seems that there is still a registry entry present and that will not be removed by the 1.55 uninstaller I think. The Key is at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AirportDesignEditor9x\Version.

However, as Tom says, there is nothing that 1.55 does that 1.60 will do and with the release of 1.60, 1.55 is now effectively obsolete. If ADE 1.60 only finds FSX on your computer then 1.55 will only find FSX. If you have more than one version of FS on your computer then it is likely that there is a registry problem for the versions that ADE can't find.

Country
us-maine
I went to Control panel, uninstalled AI-Airport Editor Version 2.1.0.31, what I got after loading, ade_160_4932_beta. When I try to install ADE 1.55, or any other version, I’m still getting “ A higher version is installed already 1.55.4860.23619, is already installed. This Installation for version 1.55.4805.28665 cannot proceed.”
Flight Simulator 4 is loaded on this computer, and used more than FSX, I ran the tweak, you suggested, jon, at least I think I did, I pointed Environment Checker to FS9, with no luck.
Next move R+R FS9.
For Now the problem is solved. Thanks for the Help.

Country
germany
The Environment Checker is a key word. Quite recently when somebody else reported similar problems I remembered this tool which shipped with previous versions. It's not part of the ADE installation any more and does not find find ADE160, likely due to different name conventions being in use now. Even if it shows the right things if being fed with the correct path it unfortunately does not remember this the next time.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am hoping that Martin will have time to update the Environment Checker for the latest version of ADE.