• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

TS Pro 0.0.28 Alpha Blend Point addition logic

Don,

I'm not sure that I understand the winding logic when adding a new series of blend points to a project. I'm using normal cursor mode. When I add a blend point at cursor, it sometimes places the new blend point between the closest existing two blend points (one selected, one not) and sometimes it places the new blend point far away from the selected point between two other blend points, often on the opposite side of the blend point polygon. Is it just connecting the lines wrong or am I doing something wrong? Is there some protocol to follow when adding blend points?

I just ran through a project for KALB from opening the files to adding contour and blend points to compilation and everything worked as designed. But I'll keep trying to break things (and hope that I can't).

Jay

gadgets

Resource contributor
New blend points are entered into the array after (counterclockwise) from the selected node - like all other polys. I've never noticed the symptom you reported, but I will do some experimentation. And, thanks for reporting.

Don

I should explain it better. Load your sample project. There is an existing set of blend points. Select any blend point. Add blend point at cursor halfway between the selected blend point and the adjacent blend point, just outside of the blend point polygon. Sometimes it draws the polygon convexly between the two existing points. Sometimes, it is off by one polygon segment and draws the new polygon segment crossing the existing polygon.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Thanks for the detailed instructions. Looks like the index is off by 1. Incidentally, the issue affects any polygon, i.e., profile, flatten, etc. Check for a new development release later today.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Fixed and new release posted. The issue was due to a change I had made to accommodate starting new lists.

Don