• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

TS Pro Alpha V0.0.24 Available for Evaluation

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
TS Pro Alpha Release 0.0.24 just posted to fix the crash on startup issue.

Don

Country
germany
First observation. When importing a file using not a pure "AB Flatten", but others combining the flatten with other features like "MaskClasMapExcludeAutogen" TS Pro doesn't allow me to change it back to pure AB Flatten. It's not in the list.

1520186522837.png

Edit: The possibility selecting the AB Flatten appears after starting the Blend Outline and selecting this sort of polygon.
"Save project as" doesn't allow alternative file names. It works just like "Save".

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I will respond more fully privately. "In a nutshell", I was unable to duplicate the problems you experienced - except for the missing texture which was not missing but just out of view in the combo box. (I'll see if I can avoid that).

Don

Country
us-newyork
I think that you are challenging my ability to successfully break the alpha version. Everything that I tried to do worked as designed. I even tried to fiddle around with non-stock textures. Here's my modified KMSY and in addition, I added a few fake ORBX terrain polygons with ADE. The landclass combobox list still shows double entries for the ORBX stuff but maybe I don't understand the format of the XRef file (or maybe the indexing is still broken). I'll follow what Axel is posting and try to duplicate anything that he comes up with.
TSPro 0.0.24.jpg

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Glad to hear it. Keep up the good work.

BTW, I've just discovered when a .bgl file is saved as a project, flatten elevations are not carried over. But, that's only of affect if you then attempt to compile the project file.

I'll make another (near-final-alpha) shortly.

I'm going to spend the next day or so updating the manual and my website.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Jay, I've just taken a look at the terrain.cfg change code. The terrain list is cleared before being regenerated. The comboboxes are cleared before being reloaded. Therefore, I can see no way that custom textures could be duplicated in the comboboxes unless they are also duplicated in the terrain.cfg file.

Would you please send me a terrain.cfg file that exhibits the issue and tell me how to make it happen.

Don

Country
us-newyork
Don,

I figured it out. terrain.cfg contains multiple entries for ORBX polys which are caused by there being potentially 27 flightsim geographic regions and that landclass, landclass polygon and vector features are all listed. So the TSPro indexing algorithm is correct. terrain.cfg just contains different GUIDs for where there is more than one fltsim region represented per ORBX LC. Sometimes there's two entries per distinct ORBX LC, but often there's three or more. The name= field in terrain.cfg in a roundabout way, shows whether it's North America North/default (B), Australia (G), Europe British (A), etc.. For example, some terrain.cfg entry name= contain "PNW" for ORBX NA Pacific Northwest, some say "AU" for ORBX Australia.

Unfortunately, you might want to forget about non-stock entries for the moment, unless you know someone who has decoded the revised ORBX lclookup.bgl, which matches up the terrain texture BMP filename codes with the terrain.cfg LC codes. You could parse through terrain.cfg and separate out the different entry types... thinking out loud here, maybe that is presently coded, but isn't working correctly.

Sorry for the rambling, but the unintentional mess that MS created between terrain.cfg and lclookup.bgl makes the two files like the early vaudeville routine (1903) of Alphonse and Gaston.

Jay

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks, Jay. There are also seasonal textures to figure out. For the moment, until I get all the FS9 features working, I'm going to "put a pin" in this aspect of terrain.cfg. And thanks for the sample terrain.cfg.

Don

Country
us-newyork
I meant 24 regions (typo). You only need the terrain texture lookup for your XRef file, so that's really not a big deal. Using non-stock textures only comes into play when someone has tried to match the boundary of an airport to the non-stock texture. It doesn't impact the operation of TSPro, which is basically to create realistic elevation transitions from the airport outward.

It's interesting that in the FSDeveloper BGL wiki, the TerrainTextureLookup section is one of the few left undescribed. I never really looked at the terrain stuff before, so unfortunately, I'm not much help.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I think you'll find terrain texture lookup is an ORBX invention. It allows ORBX to substitute custom textures when a stock texture guid is encountered. I probably also controls geographic and seasonal custom textures.

Don

Country
us-newyork
MS left room for 255 textures and 255 landclass types. FSX only used 143 landclass types, so given the high level of expertise at ORBX , eventually they created a "unified" (their term) lclookup.bgl. Before that ORBX relied on a clunky region switching approach which was annoying to most users.

Country
us-northcarolina
Playing around with this program again, had a functioning file in the old terrain sculptor. Opened it in TS Pro and edited some of the sculpt nodes and saved it. Came back and it appears all of the altitude data on the sculpt nodes are lost and I'm unable to see or even edit the altitude. It also will not allow me to load a blend profile and triangulate it.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Hi Jon. I discovered this issue a couple days ago (please see post above). It is now fixed and I expect to make another release tomorrow. Please give that release a try.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Don