• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

TS Pro Alpha V0.026 Available for Evaluation

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
It seems I was a little over-optimistic last night.

I have just uploaded TS Prop Alpha version 0.0.26 to http://stuff4fs.com. Navigate to the Terrain Sculptor Pro page and click the Development Release menu item.

Alex. I have stepped through your process with this new release. It all seems to work but, like you, half the lake disappeared. Because of the nature of the fixes, I wanted to get an update out ASAP. I'll investigate further over the weekend. Also, I found and fixed the problem that made it difficult for you to complete the blend point set.

Jon, I hope I've fixed all the elevation problems.

Bill, I haven't had a chance to investigate the no-cursor-on-second-screen. I'll look for that one over the weekend.

Don

Last edited:
Country
us-northcarolina
Grabbed the new release. Opened my project and everything's elevation has been dropped by almost a thousand feet. o_O

Country
us-northcarolina
Actually I believe it is displaying value in meters but calling it feet. It seems to have compiled correctly.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
You can choose the display units in the Options menu. If you already have and it's still wrong, please send me the problem file and tell me what I should see for a sample node.

Don

Country
us-northcarolina
Switching it to meters and back to feet fixed it. I'm now encountering a bug where when triangulating and compiling, the central flatten is OUTSIDE of the blend area instead of in the middle. Also it appears the cursor has grabbed hold of a blend node and will not let go, but only displays one blend node at a time. It's bizarre and hard to describe what I'm seeing.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Jon, can you send me the files please. BTW, is it an old file, or an old file up[dated?

Don

Country
us-northcarolina
I can. Also, it appears the problem with the blend nodes was caused by the profile nodes saving with the project, which I don't think it's supposed to do.

Attachments

• 0VG TSD.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 186
Country
us-northcarolina
Another bug, the main flatten elevation is supposed to be 1411ft. When I save and come back, it's automatically changing it to 1411.1 ft.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I'm not seeing any of the earlier issues you reported. You must have had some sort of computer "glitch". Should it happen again, see if you can recall you actions several steps back. maybe that will shed some light on the subject.

Saving the blend with the project is quite permissible. (It can be saved separately, but there's no requirement to do so.) I generated the profile without incident and loaded it into PV4. All appears normal (other than a bump - or hollow - in the terrain near the start of the profile - due to the elevation in the sim not having settled following a long distance move. Subsequent profiles with the user aircraft in the area immediately before profile generation don't have the bump/hollow.) Can't comment on the 1411.1 vs 1411 without knowing the genesis of the .tsd file. Probably due to rounding at some point. I see what I can do to avoid that in the future.

Don