• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

TS Pro Alpha V0.027 Available for Evaluation

gadgets

Resource contributor
I have just uploaded TS Prop Alpha version 0.0.27 to http://stuff4fs.com. Navigate to the Terrain Sculptor Pro page and click the Development Release menu item.

V0.0.27:
  • allows the user to replace or supplement existing FSX/P3D terrain data (previously, it always replaced existing data, which is why Alex lost half his lake),
  • allows addition of nodes to new entities started with hot cursor disabled,
  • Adds "(FS9-only)" to the name of terrains that can only be used with FS9, and
  • retains FS-9 widths of lines.
I've noticed that profiles generated when the user aircraft was some distance away at the start sometimes contain a bump or hollow near the start of the profile. I believe this is due to recording the ground elevation before Flightsim has "settled" after the move to your location. This doesn't seem to happen if the aircraft is "local" when the blend profile generation is started. I've also done a couple of things to try and address this. If you notice these bumps or hollows, just re-generate the profile (and let me know).

Hopefully THIS is the final alpha release.

Don

allows the user to replace or supplement existing FSX/P3D terrain data (previously, it always replaced existing data, which is why Alex lost half his lake),
Don, this is a surprising reason, at least for me. I didn't find any clue that anything will be replaced when looking into the resulting files. Hey, now it seems to be the right time bothering you to change something less important: it's just about sorting some letters in a new way. My name is Axel (just trust in my signature). :coffee:

The second bullet point is useful, too, as it took a while before I realised the renamed INI file in one of your last versions, explaining finally why my previously enabled hot cursor mode had been lost.

Small typo:
1520777790725.png

The result looks good. I think I can delete my test case now again. Thanks Don.

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
I didn't find any clue that anything will be replaced when looking into the resulting files.
Axel (sorry about misspelling your name), whether or not a file replaces or supplements existing data depends on the -ADDTOCELLS flag being set or not prior to submission to shp2vec. Previously, I was not setting that flag, hence half a lake disappeared.

Thanks for the support.

Don

Small typo:
View attachment 40326

The result looks good. I think I can delete my test case now again. Thanks Don.

Don, I know it's a minor glitch, but if one answers "No" to that dialog box, this error is generated:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at Terrain_Sculptor_Pro.Compiler_CVX.MakeShape(Int32 iList, Int32 iPart, List`1& listShapes)
   at Terrain_Sculptor_Pro.Compiler_CVX.MakeShapes(String sPath_Shapes)
   at Terrain_Sculptor_Pro.MainPanel.mnuFiles_Export_FSX_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2633.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TS Pro
    Assembly Version: 0.0.2.5
    Win32 Version: 0.0.2.5

Don,

Even though the version shows 0.0.25 in the error message, that's a result from TSPro 0.0.27 (file date 3/10/2018 3:14 PM).

Jay

gadgets

Resource contributor
Thanks for the report Jay. I tried it both ways before releasing yesterday without difficulty, so there must be a data dependence.

Unfortunately, yesterday, shortly after releasing 0.0.27 (I know, I forgot to update the assembly reference), I got a BSOD on my development computer. It's in the shop and I won't get it back until some time tomorrow.

Don

A little more information on the rogue flattening: When opening the compiled .bgl in TMFviewer, you can see where it has made a flattened area outside of the bounds of the blend polygons. Interestingly, this area corresponds exactly to the "QMID grid" when "15" is selected.
121.JPG

Deleted the blend nodes and rebuilt it from scratch... now it's flattening a MASSIVE area around the airport but not flattening the airport itself. I think it has lost it's mind :D

(rebuilt it again, now it's only flattening the two squares like it was before) - attached files for reference, including the generated .BGL file. It's just adding points at that grid for no reason that I can tell.

Attachments

• 0VG1.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
I've seen this rogue flattening before. It appears to be inserted sometime after the TS Pro generated .xml file is submitted to a third-party program to be converted to shapes (in preparation for shp2vec) and when it comes out after being processed by shp2vec. The last time I saw it, it sem to have been resolved by clipping at a higher QID level that required by the SDK. Clearly that was only a partial fix.

I'll explore further once I get my development computer back later today.

Don

Rebuilt the blend again, now it's back to flattening a massive area. Yeah, it has to be something going on post-TSpro. When I import the BGL back into TSPro, you can see that it has added random points on those grid lines.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Just got a call from the computer shop. They've had to re-install Windows - which means I'll loose all my programs. So, for the next day or so, most of my time will have to be devoted to "computer recovery".

I'll get back to this ASAP.

Don

Good luck to you. When switching to W10 at the end of last year, I did a clean install and reinstalling my FSX alone took me about two weeks (of course not each day and hour).

gadgets

Resource contributor
Jay (et al), I'm back in business. Quite by accident, I have found what appears to be the cause of the "rogue flattens". The underlying issue seems to lie in the third party routine I use for converting XML to shapes, but from limited experimentation, I have a work-around that avoids it.

On the downside, I seem to have re-introduced an earlier issue that I'm wrestling with at the moment.

Jay, you reported above an unmanaged exception when you clicked "No" in the new dialog. I am unable to reproduce this - even with the latest file you sent. So, could you please send me files that will allow me to duplicate the situation.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Let me see if I can remember what I did to generate the error.
Don't bother. I've found the only possible source of your error. It relates to hydro-polys and appears to have nothing to do with your answer to that question.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
On the downside, I seem to have re-introduced an earlier issue that I'm wrestling with at the moment.
Found and fixed.

I've got a couple other issues to address and I'll re-release ASAP.

Don