Turning animated wind turbnie with the wind?

Is there a way to turn an animated wind turbine (rotating rotor) with the wind?

If I tweak the model, the rotor stays in the original direction while the pole turns. :confused:

Anyone? A simple "No" or a "Yes" followed by a procedure would be enough.
If the answer ist "no", my wind turbines will just rotate into one direction all the time - no big problem ...

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Yes, it is possible, but you will have to tweak the animation code. See this article for the details. Warning, it is not an easy tweak that you can make with a tool.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

If you have a model and the source code I would be willing to take a look at it (and share it with the community later). But not the coming two weeks, as I will be moving to another house then.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Sounds good. If I forgot remind me again in a week or so, then I should be back online after the moving.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Humm, did those two weeks pass already? :D

I think that since then I tweaked another wind turbine model already. And if I remember correctly I can share that with the community as well. Let me try to find that one back so I can upload it here.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Sorry, haven't had the time yet to find it back. I'll put it on the todo list again...

Bumpdiggity... Wondering if this has ever been released? I'd love an animated turbine that rotates in to wind that I could release some freeware windfarms for the FS community.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I think there is one available. I tweaked on that is used in some Danish scenery and in NL2000.

But there fs2004 tweaks don't work in P3D v2 anymore.