• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Tweaked till my fingers bleed ( need some help)

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi

I have been trying to add seasonal variants to a gmax model that contains a LOD and a couple of library attachments. Now I'm stumped. I have been tweaking for days now trying all manner of possible combinations.Even if I can get the asm. to compile It won't display correctly in game. I have attached the files to look at.Please help.

Vincent

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Vincent,

Are this the untweaked source files? As I don't see any seasonal tweaking in them. Have you tried to follow the article in the tutorials section? If the model has LOD or attachments or not should not really have a difference on these tweaks.

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi
Yes Arno those are the unTweaked files ( or at least as far as seasonal tweaks are concerned) I attach this time the files with my attempt at adding seasonal changes. This version won't compile. running through cmd.exe it refers to a symbol redefinition TEX_.......as being the cause of the error but having changed these values in the asm.file will compile but no textures show in the sim.

thanks

Vincent

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Vincent,

I am not at home at the moment, so can't compile the code to test it. But from a first look it seems you have used the same labels for both blocks of code where you check for the season. This is not correct, where you do the second check you need to have unique labels again (so for example continue numbering from before).

Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Arno

I have tried changing the labels and can indeed get the file to compile but then the textures will not show at all in the sim. Here is a version I have changed.I am sure I must be making a silly mistake and this is possible but I cannot seem to find the key. :banghead:

Vincent

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Vincent,

The errors I can see quickly are that you are using the same tex_continue label in both blocks. Each of them needs to have their own continue label. For the first block of season checking you also forgot the label at the end now.

Country
unitedkingdom
Sorry to report that I just can't see it. :confused:

here is the first block of code
Code:
FST1002C_FST1002C_2 label BGLCODE
IFIN1 tex_01, 038Ah, 0, 90
MATERIAL 0,1 ;  winter
JUMP tex_continue
tex_01 label word
IFIN1 tex_02, 038Ah, 91, 181
MATERIAL 0,2 ; spring
JUMP tex_continue
tex_02 label word
IFIN1 tex_03, 038Ah, 182, 243
MATERIAL 0,0 ; summer
JUMP tex_continue
tex_03 label word
IFIN1 tex_04, 038Ah, 244, 315
MATERIAL 0,3 ; fall
JUMP tex_continue
tex_04 label word
IFIN1 tex_05, 038Ah, 316, 357
MATERIAL 0,4 ;  winter
JUMP tex_continue
tex_05 label word
MATERIAL 0,5 ; hardwinter
tex_continue label word

And the second

Code:
FST1002C_FST1002C_3 label BGLCODE
IFIN1 tex_06, 038Ah, 0, 90
MATERIAL 0,1 ;  winter
JUMP tex_continue
tex_06 label word
IFIN1 tex_07, 038Ah, 91, 181
MATERIAL 0,2 ; spring
JUMP tex_continue
tex_07 label word
IFIN1 tex_08, 038Ah, 182, 243
MATERIAL 0,0 ; summer
JUMP tex_continue
tex_08 label word
IFIN1 tex_09, 038Ah, 244, 315
MATERIAL 0,3 ; fall
JUMP tex_continue
tex_09 label word
IFIN1 tex_10, 038Ah, 316, 357
MATERIAL 0,4 ;  winter
JUMP tex_continue
tex_10 label word
MATERIAL 0,5 ; hardwinter
tex11_continue label word

This code will compile but results in no textures in sim .Please could you show me in the above example.I really do want to understand but seem to find new tricks increasingly difficult to pick up.

Vincent :eek:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Vincent,

The first block is OK now. For the second one, you are jumping back to the first block, this should be:

Code:
FST1002C_FST1002C_3 label BGLCODE
IFIN1 tex_06, 038Ah, 0, 90
MATERIAL 0,1 ;  winter
JUMP tex11_continue
tex_06 label word
IFIN1 tex_07, 038Ah, 91, 181
MATERIAL 0,2 ; spring
JUMP tex11_continue
tex_07 label word
IFIN1 tex_08, 038Ah, 182, 243
MATERIAL 0,0 ; summer