P3D v4 UGGT - Telavi, Georgia [Released]

I just checked and there seems to be something wrong with this file. Don't know, what happened there. If the first option is not working for you, please try this file. Make sure, that "Without Vector" is activated in the configurator before you copy this one over.

Attachments

It actually has 1.700m of runway, so feel free to try it with an airliner :D But jokes aside, I get, what you are saying. But Tbilisi I will not touch. It is too big for me, I would need years. Another reason: There is a superb version out there already. I have no idea who did it, I just know, that it is there. You can find a download link here:

https://vatrus.info/airport/UGTB

Works perfect in P3Dv4 and it is better than most of my payware sceneries.

My next one will be Kutaisi International Airport... also pretty airliner friendly :)
Thanks for the link...I will try that one :)

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Really love this piece of art :cool:

Just two little issues I discovered:
-The light sources which are visible at night and bad visibility (probably SODE displayed) appear to have a crash box because I always crash when they are visible.
-I like the trip recommendations in the manual, sadly there was no working hyperlink where to download the other addon sceneries.

Really love this piece of art :cool:

Just two little issues I discovered:
-The light sources which are visible at night and bad visibility (probably SODE displayed) appear to have a crash box because I always crash when they are visible.
-I like the trip recommendations in the manual, sadly there was no working hyperlink where to download the other addon sceneries.
Thanks Dave!

I will check the light. That's absoulutely possible. I checked the runway lights itself, but oviously not the night sources. And I always fly with crash detection off (and oviously do my beta testers :) )

But now that I think about it... is there the No-Crash option with SODE?

I will have a look into the manual as well... thanks for bringing it to my attention!

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
But this I can only do when I place the model, no? I thought this is only relevant, when I want to export it as a BGL. I guess that is what you wanted to tell me in the other thread... I will give it a try...
Are you using MCX? Then you can turn on "noCrash" in the exporter settings. That should do.

And do not forget that this is freeware and a lot more beautiful than many payware sceneries.
It just takes sometimes some small adjustments to make it to your proper liking (if you know how to!).
But that is what this site is all about: the makers are there to guide you and accept there may be some quirks and are inmediately there to answer you as if it were payware!
I can only appreciate their work and when I find something that could be better, I would tell them.
I did not because I did not find anything that I would be able to improve:eek:.

And do not forget that this is freeware and a lot more beautiful than many payware sceneries.
It just takes sometimes some small adjustments to make it to your proper liking (if you know how to!).
But that is what this site is all about: the makers are there to guide you and accept there may be some quirks and are inmediately there to answer you as if it were payware!
I can only appreciate their work and when I find something that could be better, I would tell them.
I did not because I did not find anything that I would be able to improve:eek:.
Thanks a lot for this nice words robystar!

But with my own scenery I tend to be more critical than with other scenery I buy... Also if you know the place very good, there is always something that you can add or improve :) But there are still some airports, I want to do, so anything else has to wait tll later versions :) My initial goal was to open the hangar via SODE but then I would have to model inside also... one of those things...

David, your work on both airports (and Kutaisi and Ambrolauri I'm following closely) is outstanding and much better than some payware out there!!! Please keep up!
Your work is an inspiration for me to continue where I left long ago with the neighbour, Azerbaijan... :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
David, your work on both airports (and Kutaisi and Ambrolauri I'm following closely) is outstanding and much better than some payware out there!!! Please keep up!
Your work is an inspiration for me to continue where I left long ago with the neighbour, Azerbaijan... :)

Thanks!
Thanks Rustam!

We are lucky we have a very good Baku... Certainly room for some nice add-ons... especially Qəbələ or Zaqatala. Which one are you working on?

Hi David,

Well, I still consider myself a rookie when it comes to scenery design. Some months ago, to refresh my skills and after being very disappointed with the quality of DD's photoscenery for Azerbaijan, I started off with the design of two small islands near the Absheron peninsula (also hosts Baku), which "ideally" should have turned into the photoscenery covering the whole country. I still need to improve their photo imagery and my 3D skills, as there are some unique objects on the islands and the mainland, which are difficult to materialise using autogen only. Besides, I still need to adapt myself to Arno's great scenProc, which can get in very handy for such a small area like Azerbaijan, and create some libraries. Bla-bla-bla... A lot of work ahead anyway!

So, while my scenery "masterpiece" is sitting around becoming dusty each following day, I've switched to another hobby of mine, programming a simple PLOG tool, actually version 3 of it. Let's see... Fingers crossed, it should be out by spring next year.

Anyway, I was so amazed to see such a wonderful couple of yours just across the border that I stopped everything and immediately took out my rusty Cessna from the hangar and made three amazing flights: from Baku to Telavi (through Qəbələ and Zaqatala) ;), from Telavi to Tbilisi, and from Tbilisi to Mestia, the latter being the most challenging and inspiring flight I've ever had, really! I've meticulously made the flight plans (it roughly took three hours in total) considering winds, fuel requirements, etc... and took off from Baku. It's a shame that I can't share the screenies (I forgot to turn my flight recorder on, so tempted I was) but you can find my plans for all the three flights attached to this post. You're free to edit or share them as you wish, depending on weather and aircraft, of course. Waiting for a full-fledged Kutaisi to include it as my alternate in case the skies turn grey enroute to Mestia. ;)

My best wishes from Baku!

PS: Btw, if you stop by anywhere in or around Azerbaijan, be my guest. You're always welcome! Just let me know in advance.

Attachments

Last edited: