• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS UGMS - Mestia (Georgia) [v1.0 released]

Country
germany
Hello together,

I want to introduce you to my first project. I went there for vacation two times now and I am in love with the area and the whole country. Flying there is really a great experience! Unfortunately the area gets no attention in terms of add-ons so I am forced to try it myself... and that's why I am here...

UGMS Mestia is a small airport in a mountanious village in Georgia. The airport was newly built in 2010 and it even made it to the 10 most beautiful airports list of the BBC (LINK).

I just started with scenery design and it is really not easy to know where to begin... A while ago I started with ADE, since UGMS is not included in FSX or P3D at all. So I started with a basic AFCAD file and was already happy with it. But after I was there this may and actually flew there (and now know how to navigate) I want more ...

I started with the ground image and it was not really easy to find a good one. I tried to blend it with the orbx FTX Global textures and I am quite happy with the result.

2016-6-30_19-6-30-736_zpsu2syj7dx.jpg

Since I am a total noob at modelling I asked someone to do the airport building for me. I think it looks great, I just have to find out a little more about the glass behaviour, right now it is little to transparent.

DSC03020_copy-kopie.jpg

2016-7-2_17-18-42-610_zpswjxxt38m.jpg

This is the view to the other side. Obviously there is a lot to do, but I just made the flag yet. In the background you can see some of the famous svan towers.

DSC04658_zpsdy6qyd0a.jpg

2016-7-2_17-29-18-523_zpsapcews4h.jpg

For anyone who is interested: HERE is Mestia Airport in Skyvector

Country
germany
I am making little steps forward. With many things I am happy already, with others not so much.

There is one military building which I have no pictures of. Although I was there in may it is really hard to take pics around the airport.

Whats new since last time:

• Groundpolys and groundmarkings (Thanks to Austin Sass' tutorials).
  • The shed near the passenger apron
  • some little objects
  • The custom fence around the airport
  • Autogen
  • cleaned up the photoscenery
  • the svaneti towers around the city
UGMS6_zpsittsg0pg.jpg

UGMS2_zpszb1j0y3j.jpg

UGMS1_zpshowaolgz.jpg
UGMS4_zps3royfx6v.jpg

UGMS5_zpsmrh0o8jp.jpg

Last edited:
Country
germany
I just released my first version on AVSIM and flightsim.com

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=197096&CatID=p3dscen
http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=193558

The version is for P3D only but I am looking into a FSX-Version also. Some interested user converted the scenery (at least parts of it) to FS9 and will upload that later also.

This is version 0.8 as I plan to add some more features in the future. But first I have to learn some new techniques:

• seasonal photoscenery (right now only summer)
  • seasonal textures
  • animations
  • eventually a sloped runway
  • improve the terminal building (more details, interior modelling)
  • few more POIs and buildings in the village
  • 3d gras
  • better textured groundpolies

UGMS1.jpg

UGMS2.jpg

UGMS3.jpg

UGMS4.jpg

P.S. Is someone aware of some good freeware libraries, that are available for fellow freeware developers with some little objects?

Country
australia
Hey,

Great little airport you have created there. Thanks for sharing.

There are lots of little object libraries that are freely available scattered all over the internet.

Here are a few to head you in the right direction. Apart from these if you use google with different search terms you will probably find more. A tip, google will usually come up with no result or error if you use a .zip or .rar extension in the address bar, so if you get to that stage of searching for a particular file just use the file name minus the extension.

1/

File names EZ_1.zip and RWY12_1.zip. Use the Flightsim.com "filename" search term to find these two packages. You will probably also find other libraries on Flightsim.com. Search the "FSX Scenery Objects" section from the new search page.

2/

Avsim also has lots of libraries and objects.

Search for "Objects" and other similar terms in the "Flight Simulator X - Scenery Design" and "Flight Simulator X - Miscellaneous" sections. You can also do more specific searches on these sites and others for static cars, static aircraft etc.

3/

Another little tip. Making small objects such as different bins, small buildings, cones, markers, etc, etc can be a good way to learn the ropes of modelling and texturing. There are many programs such as Gmax and Blender that are free for modelling, and GIMP is a good free graphical editing program for texturing. There are also many sources on the net for textures, such as texture websites, and photos you can manipulate to make textures if you don't have first hand photos to work from.

Cheers,

Country
germany
Thank you sharmes für your kind words and your tipps. I will definitely have a look at them!

Here I took a video of one of my approaches into Mestia, enjoy. If you are bored of the entire approach, the final starts around 07:00

Country
germany
A long time after the initial release (which was version 0.8) I have now released the version 1.0 which comes with some enhancements. Unfortunately not all features I initially hoped for made it in this version but I am happy with it anyway.

- seasonal photoscenery (summer, autumn, winter, spring)
- new objects (church, museum, ...)
- animated windsocks (with FlightPort Library)
- optimized terrain
- optimized terminal building
- fixed flickering of fence
- P3D native groundpolys

MTzRHSn.png

4Bjg6Fk.png

T8pYwHr.jpg

6UBLY88.png

The new version can be downloaded here:

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=p3dscen&DLID=200310

Country
germany
Last few weeks I have been working on a big update for my old Mestia scenery. Now it is fully compatible with P3Dv4 and brings some additional features:

• volumetric grass
  • 3D people around the airport
  • internal modelling of the terminal
  • terrain optimizations
  • adjusted and optimized photoscenery
  • SODE controlled windsocks
  • etc...
ENLbc4V.jpg

q2Mo7oj.jpg

6eVG3PB.jpg

zoUh0tY.jpg

H7E2BwR.jpg

Country
germany
My very first scenery just got converted to MSFS. The models really start to show their age (and my experience in 2016). The Bing images didn't include the airport yet (It celebrated its 10 year anniversary last month). But fortunately the process for new images in MSFS is not too bad. I hope I see a LET410 one day in MSFS to make the real approach. Enjoy!

ytIjLKf.png

dcLQ8ns.png

2a28grk.png

FNUnQdu.png

uMHNVHU.png

nENbV76.png

4rSskem.png

Question to everyone: What are the best sites to upload now for MSFS? Where will I reach most of the MSFS users?

Country
france
Question to everyone: What are the best sites to upload now for MSFS? Where will I reach most of the MSFS users?
I personally download on these two websites:

Regards :)

Country
australia
Excellent, thanks for this. I have just downloaded from Flightsim.to, and I agree it is a good site for MSFS addons.