• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE Unable to compile

Country
unitedkingdom
Hello everyone! I'm unable to compile this airport I was working on, because I'm getting 2 empty identifier tags on 2 approaches. I want to delete these approaches, but when I go into the list menu for approaches, it just crashes ADE. I'm not exactly sure what to do in this situation. Any suggestions or any way to manually delete these empty approaches?

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2616: Empty IDENTIFIER tag.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2031: Failed element parse <Approach>
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• LCEN_ADEX_454.ad4
    158.4 KB · Views: 68
Country
newzealand
First, can you try adding an ILS, get ADE to add an ILS then you can delete the other two.......... or the long way:
just make up anything, unless you have the charts
add 2 way-points in "Approach Mode" call them what you like (Fix Ident) space them beyond runway 11's heading,
lets say you call them "ONE" and "TWO", set the ILS to "TWO" set this to the runway heading
use "ONE as your first approach leg (the IF) name that "ONE"
then add a CF leg call that "TWO" set the heading the same, use these as type "Terminal Waypoint"
then add anther CF set this as Type "Runway" (Fix ident) as RW11
hopefully this will now compile, then click on the 2 approaches you need to delete, right click and delete
so you should be left with the basic ILS

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
I've tried adding an ILS, no luck. I've also tried the long way, but it will just crash when I get to the approach list. The 2 unidentified approaches don't even come up on the list! I do see them in the .XML file though.

Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This looks like a bug in ADE. let me check. What version of ADE are you using?

Country
unitedkingdom
I believe it's the latest version, I only downloaded it from your website quite recently. Maybe one week ago?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK please read the version number of the title bar

Country
newzealand
I don't know if this will help you, this is your file with the basic ILS added and the 2 problem approaches deleted
this compiles now but i get a warning opening your file of a"sat2bmp cannot be found" what ever that is, you will know where it is on your PC

Attachments

• LCEN_ADEX_454.ad4
    156.9 KB · Views: 60
Country
newzealand
That's good to know,

Jon,
I'm still using v1.70.6042, so there may be a problem with the later version

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Ray. I was not able to replicate the error. ADE reported that the approaches were not valid when I went to edit but did not crash. I was able to delete both the approaches without error. This is using the latest version of ADE.