FSX Unable to export CSV of Compiler Errors

connomar

Resource contributor
Hi, Over the last few years, I have been trying to keep up with developments at KORD Chicago O'Hare. At the same time, I have kept up with upgrades to ADE, which now informs me that I have lots of errors from the Ground Poly's. (Earlier versions didn't I don't think)

Tracking down one or two manually is one thing, but I have over 1200 ground poly's, so I am looking for a method of translating the error messages into some kind of pointer to the GP at fault. However, I fell at the first hurdle, because clicking on Save CSV/ Print button and selecting CSV simply cycles the Preparing Data Window (ADE-GP Ground Poly Editor) for ever.

Any clues.

ZIP file included, because if Don reads this .... :)

Attachments

gadgets

Resource contributor
Don read this. But, Don can't compile because of all the (missing) custom textures. So I can't be sure of which message you are referring to.

If the one starting with "Ground Poly Object bounded by:" followed by an invitation to edit the offending GP, then you have moved some vertices and the editor need to be called to make the necessary adjustments. This happens GP by GP.

On the other hand, if you mean the one that says "Compilation Errors, Some of the ground poly vertices bounded as follows cannot be triangulated." then it's a little more problematic. First that the save/print action fails prompts me to wonder if you are using the latest version od ADE_GP. I recall fixing such a bug a while back. If you aren't using ADE-GP 2.2.23.2, you can download it from my website http://stuff4fs.com

But, even if that's an issue, it's not "the" issue. I have discovered during the past couple of days while updating one of my own airports that certain updates to GP-lines are not handled properly and cause these messages - one message for each segment in the line. I have no idea at this point where the error occurs. But, the message tells you everything you need to identify the GPs of concern - the bounding lat-lon. I've found it useful to locate the general area of a faulty segment on the ADE screed and then, place one of ADE's guidelines at each of the four boundaries, The offending GP should then be obvious. Edit that GP and the error goes away - for all related segments, not just the one your located.

You will probably have to do this a few times. But, eventually, you'll clear them all.

I've also found it useful to compile my airport frequently during update so as not to let the issues become too numerous - but I suspect that advice is a little late in your case.

connomar

Resource contributor
Thanks Don, living near Minneapolis hasn't given us much to smile about today, but you succeeded.

You were right, I was using 2.2.21 not 23, which did at least trigger the file write to complete. However, comma delimited it isn't. I think the three options are behaving as one. I was hoping to see a header and columns of comma separated lats and longs.

I think I started this project on ADE 1.70 around 2017, and one day I upgraded and there were all the errors.

It would be handy if a bounding rectangle could be drawn on the screen to show the error region ... if you are ever bored :)

Many thanks

Martin

gadgets

Resource contributor
However, comma delimited it isn't. I think the three options are behaving as one. I was hoping to see a header and columns of comma separated lats and longs.
The print routine is common to all my apps. I probably pass the data from ADE-GP s with all data for a segment in a single string (as it appears, without punctuation of any kind).

It would be handy if a bounding rectangle could be drawn on the screen to show the error region ... if you are ever bored :)
You'll have to talk to Jon about that, I don't get to draw on ADE's screen.