Unable to resolve effect texture entry

Hello.
Suddenly I start to get this error:
4:03 PM AssimpReader Error Error importing file: Collada: Unable to resolve effect texture entry "EYKA_CORRIDORS_png_0012-sampler", ended up at ID "EYKA_CORRIDORS_png_0012".

What does that even mean? I don't have any effects applied. It's just a few textures and a few models. .DAE format to be specific.

Cheers,
Aidas

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Sounds like the DAE file is inconsistent in some way and that the library reading it can't process it.

You might want to try to export your model again from your modeling tool.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
It looks look that this particular texture is being replicated a number of times because it's placed in multiple polygons even though there is only 1 texture being used,... it's a common problem within SketchUp. You probably have multiple textures names starting with 001 as well.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to manually edit a .dae file through notepad or anything outside of SketchUp itself. What version of SketchUp are you using or was this exported from another 3d modeling application?

It might help to know what is this a model of and possibly pictures of.

It looks look that this particular texture is being replicated a number of times because it's placed in multiple polygons even though there is only 1 texture being used,... it's a common problem within SketchUp. You probably have multiple textures names starting with 001 as well.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to manually edit a .dae file through notepad or anything outside of SketchUp itself. What version of SketchUp are you using or was this exported from another 3d modeling application?

It might help to know what is this a model of and possibly pictures of.
Hmm.. I didn’t use SketchUp at all. I’ve used blender to export and model.
I can confirm that a few objects use the same texture. For example the pylon things at the bottom of the tml

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello...

Were there any modifiers or other effects used within Blender before exporting at anytime?

Can I assume you are using Blender v2.79b is that correct (or v2.80)?

Have you tried exporting from Blender as a 3ds file yet and then imported into MCX?

Hello...

Were there any modifiers or other effects used within Blender before exporting at anytime?

Can I assume you are using Blender v2.79b is that correct (or v2.80)?

Have you tried exporting from Blender as a 3ds file yet and then imported into MCX?
It works when exporting to .fbx and .obj ... But after converting it, it doesn't show up in the sim! :(

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Sounds more like an issue with DAE support in Blender then.

Not showing up in the sim after export is another issue. Did you check if the textures are in the right format and folder? And if you placed the model at the right position?

Sounds more like an issue with DAE support in Blender then.

Not showing up in the sim after export is another issue. Did you check if the textures are in the right format and folder? And if you placed the model at the right position?
Textures and everything is fine.. but the fbx scales the building by a billion times :)
2019-4-12_17-5-33-691.jpg

tgibson

Resource contributor
This is a common problem in GMAX and 3DS Pro, but I don't know about Blender. The MDL compiler expects the unit scale to be set to meters. In GMAX this does not mean you have to work in Meters, just the unit scale has to be set that way. Then you set the *user units* to what you like and that's displayed in the program.

Well in DAE it’s doesn’t matter I think. In blender its kinda universal so if you set 1 meter it will be xxxx inches like it should convert it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk