• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Unable to resolve effect texture entry

Country
lithuania
Hello.
Suddenly I start to get this error:
4:03 PM AssimpReader Error Error importing file: Collada: Unable to resolve effect texture entry "EYKA_CORRIDORS_png_0012-sampler", ended up at ID "EYKA_CORRIDORS_png_0012".

What does that even mean? I don't have any effects applied. It's just a few textures and a few models. .DAE format to be specific.

Cheers,
Aidas

Country
lithuania
Hold on... it’s looking for EYKA_CORRIDORS-sampler_png_0012 or something like that, while the actual file name is just EYKA_CORRIDORS.png

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Sounds like the DAE file is inconsistent in some way and that the library reading it can't process it.

You might want to try to export your model again from your modeling tool.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
It looks look that this particular texture is being replicated a number of times because it's placed in multiple polygons even though there is only 1 texture being used,... it's a common problem within SketchUp. You probably have multiple textures names starting with 001 as well.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to manually edit a .dae file through notepad or anything outside of SketchUp itself. What version of SketchUp are you using or was this exported from another 3d modeling application?

It might help to know what is this a model of and possibly pictures of.

Country
lithuania
It looks look that this particular texture is being replicated a number of times because it's placed in multiple polygons even though there is only 1 texture being used,... it's a common problem within SketchUp. You probably have multiple textures names starting with 001 as well.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to manually edit a .dae file through notepad or anything outside of SketchUp itself. What version of SketchUp are you using or was this exported from another 3d modeling application?

It might help to know what is this a model of and possibly pictures of.

Hmm.. I didn’t use SketchUp at all. I’ve used blender to export and model.
0eca23c06b1389f51d882165f4ca9ddf.jpg
I can confirm that a few objects use the same texture. For example the pylon things at the bottom of the tml

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

Were there any modifiers or other effects used within Blender before exporting at anytime?

Can I assume you are using Blender v2.79b is that correct (or v2.80)?

Have you tried exporting from Blender as a 3ds file yet and then imported into MCX?

Country
lithuania
Hello...

Were there any modifiers or other effects used within Blender before exporting at anytime?

Can I assume you are using Blender v2.79b is that correct (or v2.80)?

Have you tried exporting from Blender as a 3ds file yet and then imported into MCX?
It works when exporting to .fbx and .obj ... But after converting it, it doesn't show up in the sim! :(

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Sounds more like an issue with DAE support in Blender then.

Not showing up in the sim after export is another issue. Did you check if the textures are in the right format and folder? And if you placed the model at the right position?

Country
israel
Happend to me couple of times... what I do I delete materials and UV maps then I just redo them and hope for the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
lithuania
Sounds more like an issue with DAE support in Blender then.

Not showing up in the sim after export is another issue. Did you check if the textures are in the right format and folder? And if you placed the model at the right position?
Textures and everything is fine.. but the fbx scales the building by a billion times :)
2019-4-12_17-5-33-691.jpg

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
You might have the unit scale set to inches instead of meters?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
This is a common problem in GMAX and 3DS Pro, but I don't know about Blender. The MDL compiler expects the unit scale to be set to meters. In GMAX this does not mean you have to work in Meters, just the unit scale has to be set that way. Then you set the *user units* to what you like and that's displayed in the program.

Country
israel
Well in DAE it’s doesn’t matter I think. In blender its kinda universal so if you set 1 meter it will be xxxx inches like it should convert it.

Country
israel
I always set to meters I don’t care about those and I don’t want to deal with mm