• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Unable to select liveries MSFS

gadgets

Resource contributor
Piet, I have just followed the procedure outlined in your post. AIFP development release 3.4.2.8 has no difficulty finding the model file in the file/folder configuration I described several posts above. If that's not the release you are currently using, please update before reporting further

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I need more than generalities to address such an issue. The statement
I have both the basic folder and the add-ons livery folder in the same One-Store-folder.
tells me virtually nothing useful. For such a statement to be useful, it would have to be accompanied by either a copy of the OneStore\asobo-aircraft-b7478i folder or as many screenshots as necessary to show the folder/file configurations in that folder and its sub-folders. It would also be helpful if you used the actual button/function name(s) involved. I presume by
selecting via the add-on folders
you mean selecting via the Aircraft Folder "By Path" button in the Aircraft Editor.

You also seem to be concerned by the relative path elements (i.e. "..\"). These are essential, not problematic. Please ensure your file configuration is as I described.

Hi,
Yes, I am using 3.4.2.8.
Attached are both my files, the basic Asobo 747 and the KLM add-on, as present in my Packages\Official\OneStore-folder.
Yes, selecting the aircraft is via the Path option, see attached screenshot. Immediately after hitting Add selected aircraft the message of the modelfile that cannot be found appears.
I hope this helps you.
Piet

Attachments

• Livery B747_8i_KLM_RETRO.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
  • bandicam 2021-02-22 19-33-04-078.jpg
    bandicam 2021-02-22 19-33-04-078.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 12

gadgets

Resource contributor
Piet, as I said in the previous post, I need to see the configuration of files in the entire OneStore\asobo-aircraft-b7478i folder or as many screenshots as necessary to show the folder/file configurations in that folder and its sub-folders in order to understand how your files are organized. What you sent was the add-on folder only - which I already have. Further, I can see from the partial path in the screenshot that you have installed the add-on at the same level as the base aircraft in OneStore. Given relative paths in the KLM model folder, I don't see how this can work in MSFS2020, and it certainly won't work in AIFP.

So, once again, your configuration should look like this.

OneStore
asobo-aircraft-b7478i
SImObjects
Airplanes
Asobo_B747_8i
model
Asobo_B747_8i/model/747_8I.xml and other model files
Livery B747_8i_KLM_RETRO
MODEL.MAIN
model.cfg
exterior=../../Asobo_B747_8i/model/747_8I.xml
aircraft.cfg

Because the relative paths for the model folder begin with "..\..\", they step up two levels to the Airplanes folder and thereby have access to the contents of the Asobo_B747_8i folder.

HI,
I am sending you four screenshots, showing the location and configuration of the base-model and the KLM model.
From your remark I conclude that the problem actually is the defining ot the steps for referring to base-model properties. How then do I count the number of ..\ that are needed in an add-on folder?
Regards,
Piet

Attachments

• location and configuration KLM  aircraft,cfg.jpg
    location and configuration KLM aircraft,cfg.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 12
  • location and configuration KLM 747 model.jpg
    location and configuration KLM 747 model.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 12
  • location and configuration KLM Texture.jpg
    location and configuration KLM Texture.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 13
  • Location and configuration of 747-base model.jpg
    Location and configuration of 747-base model.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 12

gadgets

Resource contributor
Piet, I have no idea why you are sending me screenshots of the contents of files I've told you I already have.

I have described to you a file structure that works, both in words and in pictures. I have also confirmed that your current file structure does not conform. Instead of worrying about the number of "..\"s required in your own situation, all you need do is move your KLM files down a couple of levels and AIFP will find the model files. If you persist in not adjusting your file structure, there's nothing more I can do for you (but others are free to "jump in".)

How then do I count the number of ..\ that are needed in an add-on folder?
Look up "relative path" on any browser.

Hi,
After reading again the several remarks and suggestions, trying to understand how levels are working, I played a little bit around with the codes for that and also looking at aircraft that do work, I managed to get it working now, So I am a happy guy.
I wish to thank you very much for your patience with me and the time spent.
My KLM Retro is now accepted by AIFP and when in future I have another Add-on with the same model-problem I now know how to solve it.
Regards,

Attachments

• bandicam 2021-02-23 20-07-49-687.jpg
    bandicam 2021-02-23 20-07-49-687.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 14