• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Underslung Loads P3D v 4.5

Country
unitedkingdom
FSX allowed the creation of underslung loads using aircraft that had this capability.

Does anyone know if underslung loads can be utilised in P3D v 4.5 via the SDK or other method please ?

Many thanks for any advice.

Country
unitedkingdom
Thank you for that, can you direct me to any instructions that will help me to create a sling load scenario ?

Country
scotland
Hi Folks

Karl -
Don't know about P3D, but it does work in FSXA.

You can try using/adapting the following package -
FSXA - Slingloads in the sandbox

- Package was a proof of concept created for FSXA Beta-Testers.
- Enables a bunch of default scenery objects, to be used as liftable simobjects.
- Contains a working xml placement example (47 objects), and associated FLT files.
- Ensure you read the README.
- WARNING - Before installing, BACKUP your aircraft.cfg files for B206 & EH101

TIP -
Picking up objects is not easy.

Insufficient processor-cycles makes doing so very much harder.

Just while honing your skills -
For a more fluid experience,
set ALL your scenery/terrain/traffic sliders to the LEFTMOST.

HTH
ATB
Paul

Country
unitedkingdom
BASys,

thank you very much for your help, advice and tips, it is much appreciated.

Best regards - Karl H

Country
unitedstates
A great bunch of info on making an aircraft sling/hoist capable : Sling/Hoist loads

Sldo, just a HU: AICarriers is quite capable of creating loads for your aircraft to pick up, carry, place elsewhere, etc. I find it much easier to use than the "Saved Flight" scenario. Just my opinion. You can make a ton of different things to pick up. Even a bunch of "things" all in an area, so you can pick up, move, place elsewhere, then return for another load. Really fun, especially setting up an unrep scenario.
I have an Aicarriers .cfg file, with a number of objects to pick up in several "formations", if you want an example, I can put it on here for you, as an example.

BTW, the incredible MX-22 that came out recently has a very good sling/hoist section in the aircraft.cfg file. Take a look. May be a good example for you.

Good luck!
Pat☺

Country
unitedkingdom
Pat,

thank you so much for your help, an example would be brilliant. We do a lot of carrier OPs in our Org and a ship to shore sling/hoist facility would be great for us to use.

The main airframes we will be trying to get this facility on are Navy Merlin and Wildcat, RAF Chinook and Army Wildcat, and we have established models we use for each of these.

Thanks again for your assistance - Karl H

Country
unitedstates
Code:
[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
station_name.0 = "Crew"          
station_name.1 = "Rear Gunner"        
station_name.2 = "Cargo"
station_load.0 = 300,  11.000, 0.000, 0.000  //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)      
station_load.1 = 246, -10.000, 0.000, 0.000  //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)      
station_load.2 = 321,     0.000, 0.000, 0.000  //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)  

[Sling.0]
hoist_extend_rate = 5      //Feet per second
hoist_retract_rate = -5    //Feet per second
position = 0.0, 0.0, -5.0  //Feet from datum
max_stretch = 3.0          //Max stretch distance at ultimate load
damping_ratio = 0.95       //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.
rated_load = 10000         //Characteristics tension of cable in pounds
ultimate_load = 25000      //Breaking force in pounds
tolerance_angle= 70        //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit
auto_pickup_range = 15     //Max Range, in feet, for auto-pickup
auto_pickup_max_speed = 10 //Maximum speed (feet per second) for auto-pickup
hoist_payload_station = 3  // If load is raised into aircraft, it's weight is added to payload_station.2
hoist_door=3

The above is from the aircraft.cfg of the MV-22,

Code:
[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
station_load.0 = 170,  0.0, -1.17, 0.0            //     Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.1 = 170,  0.0,  1.17, 0.0            //     Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.2 =   0,  0.0, -1.42, 0.0            //     Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.3 =   0,  0.0,  0.00, 0.0            //     Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.4 =   0,  0.0,  1.42, 0.0            //     Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.5 = 100,  0.0,  0.00, 0.0            //     Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)

station_name.0 = "Co-Pilot"  
station_name.1 = "Pilot"      
station_name.2 = "Passenger 1"
station_name.3 = "Passenger 2"
station_name.4 = "Passenger 3"
station_name.5 = "Baggage"    

[sling.0]
hoist_extend_rate = 5 //Feet per second
hoist_retract_rate = -5 //Feet per second
position = 0.0, 0.0, -7.0 //Feet from datum
max_stretch = 2.0 //Max stretch distance at ultimate load
damping_ratio = 0.6 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.
rated_load = 600 //Characteristics tension of cable in pounds
ultimate_load = 2250 //Breaking force in pounds
tolerance_angle=45 //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit
auto_pickup_range = 20 //Max Range, in feet, for auto-pickup
auto_pickup_max_speed = 50 //Maximum speed (feet per second) for auto-pickup
hoist_payload_station = 4 //Payload station in which the hoist will load in and out of. 1 is first station.
hoist_door=3 //Door associated with hoist. Must be open for use.

[sling.1]
position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Feet from datum
max_stretch = 2.0 //Max stretch distance at ultimate load
damping_ratio = 0.75 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.
rated_load = 8000 //Characteristics tension of cable in pounds
ultimate_load = 10000 //Breaking force in pounds
tolerance_angle=70 //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit
auto_pickup_range = 20 //Max Range, in feet, for auto-pickup
auto_pickup_max_speed = 50 //Maximum speed (feet per second) for auto-pickup
//2) paste them into the Huey aircraft.cfg. Mine is placed between Autopilot and radio
//Now the Huey is prepared for Slingloads. As a next step you need an existing mission with Objects to move around, like the Slingload training mission. //Run FSX with this mission, replace the EH 101 with the Huey. Save the flight with Slingload_Huey. Locate the Slingload_Huey.flt file and open it with //Notepad, find the payload section. There you replace the zero cablelength with 65. Sling 0.0 is for the winch and sling 1.0 is for the hoist.

Above is from a B206, High Skids, from Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations.

Make sure you adjust the position information, cargo capability, and so on, for each type of aircraft.

Will you also need the AICarriers config example?
Pat☺

Country
unitedkingdom
"Will you also need the AICarriers config example?"

Pat,

yes please if it is not too much trouble, as many members have the use of AI Carriers.

Thank you again for all your help.

Country
unitedstates
Code:
[base]
throttle=60
menu_shortcut=shift+j
confdir=conf.d

[formation.0]
title=pallet_of_Boxes_sm plus other
unit.0=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 0, -15
unit.1=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 0, 15
unit.2=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 15, 0
unit.3=crated_cylinder_sm, -15, 0
unit.4=fuel_bladder_sm, 15, 15
unit.5=fuel_bladder_sm, 15, 15
unit.6=fuel_bladder_sm, 15, 15
unit.7=fuel_bladder_sm, 15, 15

[formation.1]
title=AC_Unit_sm
unit.0=AC_Unit_sm, 0, 15

[formation.2]
title=CableCar_Wheel_sm
unit.0=CableCar_Wheel_sm, 0, 15

[formation.3]
title=crated_cylinder_sm
unit.0=crated_cylinder_sm, 0, 15

[formation.4]
title=cratedfueltank_sm
unit.0=cratedfueltank_sm, 0, 15

[formation.5]
title=fuel_bladder_sm
unit.0=fuel_bladder_sm, 0, 15

[formation.6]
title=gas_bottles_sm
unit.0=gas_bottles_sm, 0, 15

[formation.7]
title=Generator_sm
unit.0=Generator_sm, 0, 15

[formation.8]
title=pallet_of_Boxes_sm
unit.0=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 0, 15

[formation.9]
title=Propane_Tank_sm
unit.0=Propane_Tank_sm, 0, 15

[formation.10]
title=box_of_drums_sm
unit.0=box_of_drums_sm, 0, 15[B] "

There ya go :D
Just copy the "code" into a text file, and give it a .cfg file extension. Put a copy in a back up folder under the conf.d folder in the AICarriers folder, and when you want to use it, just put a copy into the conf.d folder, and away you go. When you get done picking things up, delete the file in the conf.d folder, leaving the back up copy alone. That way, you accomplish 2 things: 1) You reduce the number of pages/entries in the SHFT+J menu, and 2) When you want to use the loads the next time, just put a copy in the conf.d folder, and restart/start AICarriers. The loads will magically appear in the SHFT+J menus.
It's important, at least to me, to keep the volume of entries, and pages, in the menu down, so I don't have to search through page after page to find the entry I want to use. It's beneficial, IMO, to NOT add more and more entries in the main AICarriers.cfg file so that once again, fewer entries in the menu. Always, when going to add a new ship/formation(s) to AICarriers, put them into a .cfg file. Put a copy into the back up folder, then swap it in or out as needed.
Believe me, it not hard to get a severely bloated AICarriers.cfg file, and thus a ton of pages/entries in the SHFT+J menu. I have some 30 possible .cfg files I can swap into the conf.d folder, and if I were to have them all in the AICarriers.cfg file I would have some 50 pages of menus to search through to find THE formation/ship I want. Slow and cumbersome, at best. By swapping the various .cfg files in as I want to use the ship(s)/formation(s) in them, I only have a few, like 5 or less, pages of menu to search through.

All just my opinions though. You can always do it the way that works best for you :D

Have fun!
Pat☺

Country
poland
Code:
[base]
throttle=60
menu_shortcut=shift+j
confdir=conf.d

[formation.0]
title=pallet_of_Boxes_sm plus other
unit.0=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 0, -15
unit.1=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 0, 15
unit.2=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 15, 0
unit.3=crated_cylinder_sm, -15, 0
unit.4=fuel_bladder_sm, 15, 15
unit.5=fuel_bladder_sm, 15, 15
unit.6=fuel_bladder_sm, 15, 15
unit.7=fuel_bladder_sm, 15, 15

[formation.1]
title=AC_Unit_sm
unit.0=AC_Unit_sm, 0, 15

[formation.2]
title=CableCar_Wheel_sm
unit.0=CableCar_Wheel_sm, 0, 15

[formation.3]
title=crated_cylinder_sm
unit.0=crated_cylinder_sm, 0, 15

[formation.4]
title=cratedfueltank_sm
unit.0=cratedfueltank_sm, 0, 15

[formation.5]
title=fuel_bladder_sm
unit.0=fuel_bladder_sm, 0, 15

[formation.6]
title=gas_bottles_sm
unit.0=gas_bottles_sm, 0, 15

[formation.7]
title=Generator_sm
unit.0=Generator_sm, 0, 15

[formation.8]
title=pallet_of_Boxes_sm
unit.0=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 0, 15

[formation.9]
title=Propane_Tank_sm
unit.0=Propane_Tank_sm, 0, 15

[formation.10]
title=box_of_drums_sm
unit.0=box_of_drums_sm, 0, 15[B] "

There ya go :D
Just copy the "code" into a text file, and give it a .cfg file extension. Put a copy in a back up folder under the conf.d folder in the AICarriers folder, and when you want to use it, just put a copy into the conf.d folder, and away you go. When you get done picking things up, delete the file in the conf.d folder, leaving the back up copy alone. That way, you accomplish 2 things: 1) You reduce the number of pages/entries in the SHFT+J menu, and 2) When you want to use the loads the next time, just put a copy in the conf.d folder, and restart/start AICarriers. The loads will magically appear in the SHFT+J menus.
It's important, at least to me, to keep the volume of entries, and pages, in the menu down, so I don't have to search through page after page to find the entry I want to use. It's beneficial, IMO, to NOT add more and more entries in the main AICarriers.cfg file so that once again, fewer entries in the menu. Always, when going to add a new ship/formation(s) to AICarriers, put them into a .cfg file. Put a copy into the back up folder, then swap it in or out as needed.
Believe me, it not hard to get a severely bloated AICarriers.cfg file, and thus a ton of pages/entries in the SHFT+J menu. I have some 30 possible .cfg files I can swap into the conf.d folder, and if I were to have them all in the AICarriers.cfg file I would have some 50 pages of menus to search through to find THE formation/ship I want. Slow and cumbersome, at best. By swapping the various .cfg files in as I want to use the ship(s)/formation(s) in them, I only have a few, like 5 or less, pages of menu to search through.

All just my opinions though. You can always do it the way that works best for you :D

Have fun!
Pat☺
Hi, those objects, from your code for AI Carrier are they from default library or I need something eles?