• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Understanding xml gauge syntax

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi guys,
Sorry for this noob question...
If the L in (L:Stinger, bool) stands for local variable, what does A: and K: stand for in similar statements?

Cheers
Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Country
us-arizona
L: is a fictional 'created' string.
A: is the stock FS coding, aircraft reading.
K: stands for Keyboard and basically means a stock FS command string.

L: strings can also be written as a command when having a > in the front of the L. L is both a reading 'and' a command.
A: is 'reading'... like input... measure, etc. Throttle angle, engine is running, etc.

Country
unitedkingdom
L: is a fictional 'created' string.
A: is the stock FS coding, aircraft reading.
K: stands for Keyboard and basically means a stock FS command string.

L: strings can also be written as a command when having a > in the front of the L. L is both a reading 'and' a command.
A: is 'reading'... like input... measure, etc. Throttle angle, engine is running, etc.
Thanks, thats a good explanation.

All the best
Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Country
us-arizona
Whats cool is when you figure out how to do basic logic... Bill Leaming helped me there. That will launch you forward into some cool coding. Not difficult after you figure out how its worded.

A for instance would be, you want your pilot to disappear when the engine is off and the battery is off and the plane is on the ground.

Country
indonesia
I remember when I just doesn't understand if... if... if... else... what in the hell is that?
now I just can't work without " if-else "

Country
us-arizona
Same here, Maryadi.. That had me stumped for a very very long time... then it just hits you and you see how it all works. Backwards... Its written backwards. sigh...