• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Unhandled Exception Error Current Dev Release 25.7.2012

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
And what kind of graphics card do you have?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I have been discussing by PM with the user and the problem was solved by installing proper drivers (not the default Windows ones) for the graphics card.

Country
us-kentucky
Hey Arno, I am trying to get a proper elevation for a model I did 10 years ago for fs9-fsx->P3d. I am getting the following error with the "latest Dev Version"
3DcV4hZ.jpg

It works fine in all three thanks to you, but Now I am trying to change the height and export so fs2Xplane can render it and properly place it in My X-Plane 11vpb11 K69 scenery .http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/36267-carnes-farm-on-stinking-creek-–-a-work-in-progress/ which admittedly has lots of problems...

I am thinking of Abandoning GMax and going the Blender/Sketchup route for creating Xplane scenery. Your thoughts on that?

Regards,
Chas

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Which button did you click just before the error?

PS. I don't think this error has anything to do with GMax btw.

Country
us-kentucky
Hi,

Which button did you click just before the error?

PS. I don't think this error has anything to do with GMax btw.

Thanks for your speedy reply Arno!

Pressing the convert button was the last event from me.

Re the decision to move From Gmax to either Blender or sketchup :

I wasn't a pointing a finger at GMAX as causing any problems thoough since it's been 10 years, since I used it, I'm not sure the FSx gamePak which allows exporting my work into FSX, THEN TO ModelConverterX is still available. So, I am simply asking your opinion re choosing between Blender or Sketchup Or GMax....or for that matter any other 3D CAD package that,

1. Can work as a primary 3-D design tool;✅
2.are freeware, and;✅
3.Provide direct export links into X-Plane scenery production.✅✅✅

Thus reducing the number of work-flow steps in X-Plane Scenery Production.

I'm sure you're using an expensive high-end CAD program but I'd be interested to find out what that is.

Thanks,

Chas

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I'll check what could cause this error directly on clicking convert. I need to dive into the source code for that.

You'll be surprised I don't use expensive tools at all :). Actually I hardly do scenery development myself anymore, I mainly work on the tools. When I do something I use GMax or SketchUp because I'm most familiar with them. But if I would have to start from scratch now I think Blender would be my tool of choice.

Which tool aligns best with X-Plane development I'm not sure, I never looked much at that.

Country
australia
Hi all,

I am hoping someone may be able to help with one of the several roadblocks I have hit with my scenery:

I have successfully been able to export my scenery to P3DV4, however this morning when I tried to compile and export the BGL's to FSX I get tthe following unhandled exception. I am stumped, I even tried loading in the Collada file again, it works then, but when re-opening, which is the same thing I do for P3D, it doesnt work with FSX. I have the SDK installed, and have updated the paths for FSX in MCX. Any help is greatly appreciated, then I can look into the other problems I am having with some textures

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ASToFra.ModelConverterX.LocationControl.SetObject()
at ASToFra.ModelConverterX.LocationControl.OnObjectChanged(ObjectChangeLevel level, ObjectModel obj, Object sender, String message)
at ASToFra.Interfaces.ObjectChanged.Invoke(ObjectChangeLevel level, ObjectModel obj, Object sender, String changeDescription)
at ASToFra.Interfaces.EventDistributor.RaiseObjectChanged(ObjectChangeLevel level, ObjectModel obj, Object sender, String changeDescription)
at ASToFra.ObjectReader.AllObjectReader.RaiseObjectChanged(ObjectModel obj)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ModelConverterX
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ModelConverterX.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
ASToFra.Interfaces
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ASToFra.Interfaces.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectModel3D
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ASToFra.ObjectModel3D.DLL
ASToFra.ErrorHandler
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ASToFra.ErrorHandler.DLL
ASToFra.Utils
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ASToFra.Utils.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectReader
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ASToFra.ObjectReader.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectWriter
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ASToFra.ObjectWriter.DLL
ASToFra.EventLog
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ASToFra.EventLog.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectRenderer
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
CSGL12DLL
Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/CSGL12DLL.DLL
ASToFra.ParticleEffects
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ASToFra.ParticleEffects.DLL
ASToFra.FSUtils
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ASToFra.FSUtils.DLL
ASToFra.TextureObject
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ASToFra.TextureObject.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectEditor
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ASToFra.ObjectEditor.DLL
ASToFra.TextureLoader
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Model%20Converter%20X/ASToFra.TextureLoader.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks heaps,
Jacob

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I'll try to reproduce this, hopefully the stack trace in the error message is enough to find it.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

If I look at the location of the crash, I think it can only happen when an empty scenery or object is passed in.

You mention you re-open the object, does that mean you read the BGL file back into MCX or that you import the DAE file again?

Country
australia
Hi Arno

I have tried both, I have done everything into P3D fine. So I tried a fresh DAE and read back the BGL and they both crash MCX which I am confused about because I can still export to P3D.

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Arno
Don't know when it started (it used to work) but I now get the
"Unhanded exception has occurred in your aplication" warning whenever I try to import a model.
I have tried the latest version and older ones ... all the same result. Is there anything in the following text that points to the error
please ?
Win10 x64 ;AMD Radeon R7 250 ;
************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040111): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {DC1C5A9C-E88A-4DDE-A5A1-60F82A20AEF7} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80040111 ClassFactory cannot supply requested class (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040111 (CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE)).
at System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.CreateVistaDialog()
at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.RunDialogVista(IntPtr hWndOwner)
at System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
at ASToFra.ModelConverterX.CommonDialogs.SelectFileToImport()
at ASToFra.ModelConverterX.MainWindow.tlstiImport_ButtonClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton.OnButtonClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
ModelConverterX
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/UKGC/Documents/Aircraft%20Design/modeling%20tools/modelconverterx_latest_development_release/ModelConverterX.exe
ASToFra.ErrorHandler
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/UKGC/Documents/Aircraft%20Design/modeling%20tools/modelconverterx_latest_development_release/ASToFra.ErrorHandler.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
ASToFra.Utils
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/UKGC/Documents/Aircraft%20Design/modeling%20tools/modelconverterx_latest_development_release/ASToFra.Utils.DLL
ASToFra.Interfaces
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/UKGC/Documents/Aircraft%20Design/modeling%20tools/modelconverterx_latest_development_release/ASToFra.Interfaces.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectModel3D
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/UKGC/Documents/Aircraft%20Design/modeling%20tools/modelconverterx_latest_development_release/ASToFra.ObjectModel3D.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectReader
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/UKGC/Documents/Aircraft%20Design/modeling%20tools/modelconverterx_latest_development_release/ASToFra.ObjectReader.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectWriter
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/UKGC/Documents/Aircraft%20Design/modeling%20tools/modelconverterx_latest_development_release/ASToFra.ObjectWriter.DLL
ASToFra.EventLog
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/UKGC/Documents/Aircraft%20Design/modeling%20tools/modelconverterx_latest_development_release/ASToFra.EventLog.DLL
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.7.3362.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
ASToFra.ObjectRenderer
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/UKGC/Documents/Aircraft%20Design/modeling%20tools/modelconverterx_latest_development_release/ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.DLL
CSGL12DLL
Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/UKGC/Documents/Aircraft%20Design/modeling%20tools/modelconverterx_latest_development_release/CSGL12DLL.DLL
ASToFra.ParticleEffects
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/UKGC/Documents/Aircraft%20Design/modeling%20tools/modelconverterx_latest_development_release/ASToFra.ParticleEffects.DLL
ASToFra.FSUtils
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/UKGC/Documents/Aircraft%20Design/modeling%20tools/modelconverterx_latest_development_release/ASToFra.FSUtils.DLL
ASToFra.TextureObject
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/UKGC/Documents/Aircraft%20Design/modeling%20tools/modelconverterx_latest_development_release/ASToFra.TextureObject.DLL
cheers
Dave

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

What OS are you using? The error seems to be when opening a normal dialog. This is standard .NET functionality.

Country
unitedkingdom
Oh, and the last few models viewed would still open and display ok ,.... but that is gone now as I reinstalled MCX afresh .
D

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I did some searching on this issue and it seems this can happen if Visual Themes are disabled in Windows. Is that a setting you are using?

I found a workaround as well, I'll see if I can implement that in MCX, although I can't test here if that helps, since I don't have the problem.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi

OK, then it must be something else. The workaround mentioned there has visual effects as well, so I won't implement it.

Did you recently change anything on your .NET framework installation that might be related to this issue?

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Arno
I downloaded and tried to install .net 4.7 last night but it rejected the attempt as already installed or better , and visual C++ 2015 is installed.
I'm not computer savvy so I tend to leave well alone , other than adding or removing programs I don't think I have altered anything, but there is quite a gap between when I know it worked to now .
I copied the MCX installation onto a memory stick and put it on an old computer and that works , so the programs still good,
I have just now installed .net 4.8,..... still no joy I'm afraid.

edit :- Is there any way I can write the desired address into the " previously accessed " dropdown ? At least I'll still be able to use it then .
D

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi,

I did some searching on this issue and it seems this can happen if Visual Themes are disabled in Windows. Is that a setting you are using?

I found a workaround as well, I'll see if I can implement that in MCX, although I can't test here if that helps, since I don't have the problem.
Hi Arno
You were right , it is to do with the visual themes , but it was my "high contrast " setting causing the problem , I have to turn it "OFF" and MCX works fine .
Could the workaround you spoke of fix this ? I find it much easier to work with a high contrast dark background.
Cheers
Dave R

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I looked at that workaround, but it degrades the visual behavior of various forms. So I don't see it as an option to implement.

Maybe I can add it with an option in the settings. I'll first see if I can reproduce it if I enable high contrast as well.