• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Update 4.3.13

Country
us-texas
Don,

I just tried to update to .13 and the update is not working. The program is extremely slow and sluggish. It is not showing my projects. The header still shows .12.

Bill

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Yes, in my eagerness to get this update out, I did neglect to update the Version No. title bar. But, in other respects, that file had been updated.

What I did not test was the backwards compatibility, since the changes I made should have had no such effect. But, you are right, Some other gremlin has crept in. I'll re-release ASAP. In the meantime, I'm taking 4.3.13 down and reverting to 4.3.11.

I

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I've just posted Release 4.3.13.1. While the changes I made for PV5 compatibility shouldn't have affected prior releases, it's amazing how much damage a small typo can do.

Thanks for letting me know about the issue so quickly.

Country
us-texas
I just installed 13.2 and it works with no problems. I haven't tried it with P3dv5.

A couple of questions. When I compile after each new version of AFLT the program asks to be linked to a FSX SDX? I wasn't sure if this was correct or not since I was building for P3dv4.5.

Also I get a stray artifact from time to time. It will be in the form of a duplicate row of lights, a missing row of lights or just a stray light light.

The one thing I need to make sure about is after I make a change to my scenery I run the Compile Data and then Save Data Position before I close, is this correct?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I just installed 13.2 and it works with no problems. I haven't tried it with P3dv5.
Whew! Thx

When I compile after each new version of AFLT the program asks to be linked to a FSX SDX?
I don't recall ever seeing this - but then I have all versions since FS9 installed on my system and their SDKs.. What is the exact message, please. Perhaps that way I can identify the source.

I get a stray artifact from time to time. It will be in the form of a duplicate row of lights, a missing row of lights or just a stray light
Again, I don't recall seeing anything like this. Should it happen again, please make a screenshot and send it along with the Project Folder and the airport reference .bgl.

after I make a change to my scenery I run the Compile Data and then Save Data Position before I close, is this correct?
By "change to my scenery", do you mean exactly that or a change to the lights. Save Placement Data saves the current configuration of the lighting data. If you haven't changed the lighting data, saving the placement data accomplished nothing - but doesn't do any harm either.

Country
us-texas
Whew! Thx

I don't recall ever seeing this - but then I have all versions since FS9 installed on my system and their SDKs.. What is the exact message, please. Perhaps that way I can identify the source.
Here is the message. bglcomp.jpg

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I suspected that was what you were seeing. It will be gone in the next release.

Country
us-texas
I suspected that was what you were seeing. It will be gone in the next release.

Don,

I just installed .14 and there are no issues that I have noticed other than a 404 error on my end.

I am still getting the above message.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I forgot totally about that one when I started chasing the "crash".

I notice above you said
When I compile after each new version of AFLT the program asks to be linked to a FSX SDX?
. Do you destroy your AFLT.ini file when you load a new version or do you install in a new folder? (You don't need to do either; I'm just trying to understand the situation.)

EDIT: Never Mind, I have just duplicated the situation.

Last edited: