Update texture mapping

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Tonight I have been working on the user interface part that allows you to update the texture mapping of the polygons. In this preview video you can see a bit how it works.

At the moment you can move the texture (by dragging the centre of the circle) and rotate it by dragging the dot on the circle. Do you think that is enough control or would it be preferable if you can also graphically change for example the scaling of the texture?

Any ideas or suggestions on this are welcome.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Scaling will always be possible by typing on the "scaling factor", I am just wondering if it should be possible to do it in a visual way as well (like the rotation shown in the preview video).

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hi,

Scaling will always be possible by typing on the "scaling factor", I am just wondering if it should be possible to do it in a visual way as well (like the rotation shown in the preview video).
Yes.. I think so!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK, thanks for the feedback. Let me see how I can combine it into the texture mapping control so that it is still easy and intuitive to use.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

In the last weeks I have (finally) been able to spend some time on this tool again. Not sure when the first alpha version will be available though. But as soon as there is something that is useful I will release an alpha version, at the moment it is a bit unstable still :).