Update

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Just wanted to let everyone know that we are right in the middle of selling and buying houses now. This is pretty much an all consuming task and I know that I will not be able to work on the next version of ADE for some while. We are still waiting for the legal stuff to be sorted out so it could all still fall over at the last hurdle - bit of a nerve wracking time!

I should have known just how much junk I can accumlate over time. We have lived in our current house for 18 years and have started to sort things out in preparation to move it. I had a major 'clear out' early in 2010 when we put the house up for sale, but it was clearly not enough. I think I have to clear out the same amount again.............

Best of luck in your endeavor. My worst move was overseas. The garage sale went well though. The rest I brought to the post office. :)

Dave

Ah, I was just checking about a possible update today too, ha!

Moves, always take longer than expected. I moved on July 15 and I still have boxes to unpack! Just no time. I have just started to get back into modeling but from what I experienced you can easily say it will be another six months before you even look at FDE9x again... :(

Bummer... good for you, though. Hope your move goes smoothly.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Just to let y'all know that we completed the sale of our house yesterday and will be moving out in two weeks. After that we will be taking a vacation for a couple of weeks before hopefully moving in to our new house (otherwise we will be 'homeless'). I guess this will mean that I will re-start work on ADE 2.0 when I get to Florida at the beginning of January - Sun, sand and See-Sharp (oh my) :)

Well done Jon. It must be a relief to complete a sale as rapidly as you have achieved in these rather straitened times.
All the best for what will still be a rather stressful time and make sure you build in a good rest period at some stage.
Cheers
Mike