Updating script to cenPROC 2.0

Been using scenPROC 1.1 for years but thought I would see what differences in output would be if I use scenPROC 2.0. So I need to convert my scripts. I take it there is no quick module that does this (fingers crossed) :p

I noticed if I open a "virgin" 1.1 script scenPROC 2.0 will display it with some suggested changes. But the moment I try to load again with some changes scenPROC crashes with an "unhandled exception"? Everything must be exact before scenPROC will load? Thought I might be able to see corrections as I proceeded. Guess not.

So, I am going through the manual for examples on the new (well, new to me), format. Am I correct that all file names are inside parenthesis? What about paths?

Looks like CREATEAGNLIBOBJ has changed to CREATEAGNLINOBJECT. Any other changes comes to mind or best to just check on each step?

Clutch

Nevermind, I was able to walk myself through it. I thought MAXRATIO was to break up weird looking polys into several rectangles (AGN buildings), or am I misreading on how that works? So If I had a poly the shape of a diamond or circle it would not be able to break that into rectangles?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

scenProc should not crash, in which situation did you get the crash?

The MAXRATIO is used to split rectangles in multiple smaller ones indeed.

Gotcha on MAXRATIO.

For the crash, if I loaded a scenPROC ver1 script into scenPROC ver2 it would load the script OK and provide suggestions, warnings or errors in the results window (the bottom half). If I make a single change to that script I get an Unhandled exception error and crash. For example, my scipt1 has for its first line:

IMPORTOGR|P:\AZ\Section_73\AZ_AN24\Vegetation\AZ_AN24_tree.shp|*|*|NOREPROJ

and I added quotes around the filename as I was editing the script into version 2.0 like so:

IMPORTOGR|P:\AZ\Section_73\AZ_AN24\Vegetation\"AZ_AN24_tree.shp"|*|*|NOREPROJ

The instant I added the quotes scenPROC crashed and will continue to do so until I think I fix the entire script. I had to comment out all my steps and add them back in almost line by line testing as I go to ensure no crash. Granted, I don't believe one should have quotes in ver2 but just pointing out an example causing crashing.

Unless I am mistaken, other than script conventions, there are really no major changes between ver1 and ver2? Is there a list to show any major functional changes? I'm pretty content with ver1 and not seeing a reason to switch.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

If you have a script that crashes I can try to debug. It should never crash on them.

There are many new steps in v2 and also bug fixes and performance improvements. So I would recommend to use a recent build (I actually hope to have a v3 in not so long out as well). There is no list of changes, but the manual is up to date.

Thx for the reply. Not concerned with the crashing at the moment. If it persist, I will bring it to your attention. I'll review again the 2.0 manual to see what new changes have been implemented and if it would benefit me to move forward to 2.0.