Using AIFP in conjunction with AIG-AIM One Click Installer

I have been using the new AIG AIM One Click Installer (AIGAIM-OCI) but wish to be able to still modify activity levels and also use bulk traffic function of AIFP. The problem I am having is that when I install a FP using AIGAIM, which installs as an Addon, AIFP will not recognise any of the aircraft that AIGAIM-OCI installs. I was eventually able to get it to do so by adding the AIGAIM-OCI sim objects folder to the simobjects.cfg in P3Dv4, however, the AIG forum have advised against this as it will create duplicates and cause problems. Sure enough, all works fine until I try to update a previously installed FP using AIGAIM-OCI - I end up with duplicate entries sin the sim.

I have been unable to get any solution to this from the AIGAIM forum - they suggested posting in this forum for a solution. Has anyone been able to get AIFP correctly reading FPs installed by AIGAIM-OCI and if so how?

gadgets

Resource contributor
That AIG AIM itself installs as an addon is immaterial. So long as the AIG AIM simobjects folder is listed in simobjects.cfg, AIFP will process the aircraft installed in that folder - as you have already discovered. If you have the AIFP option to identify duplicate aircraft selected, AIFP will warn you of duplicate titles. Even if there are duplicate titles, the only issue is that AIFP will only recognize the first one encountered - which may not be the one the "AI engine" selects since it may use a different selection algorithm.

I'm surprised AIG AIM does not check for and warn you of potential duplicates. I'm also curious how AIG AIM avoids that issue if it installs a duplicate aircraft.

Don

Last edited:
There is another problem with AIFP and OCI Aircraft. A friend tried to sort all the fltsim entries for 737-800WL with AIFP, and after that, the cfg was corrupted, with many double entries. I tried my own OIC 737-800WL, same result. Planes with just a few liveries though, are fine. It seems the cfg's get corrupted when there are many liveries, like the 738 and A320-200 CFM for example.

Andrew, I am unable to duplicate. Please send me an aircraft.cfg file that demonstrates the issue.

Don
My aircraft.cfg for the AIGOIC 737-880WL attached. Try to sort the planes with AIFP, then check with AI Aircraft Editor (or the excellent tool called Notepad). Hope this will work again, as I love AIFP for doing many things for me, sorting being important :)

Attachments

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Try to sort the planes with AIFP, then check with AI Aircraft Editor
. Once again, I am unable to see any significant issue, nor does AI Aircraft Editor report any. (The last line of the last [Fltsim] block is duplicated, but that's inconsequential ands will be fixed.)

Please tell me what to look for in the sorted .cfg file.

Don

Sorry I can't give a concrete example right now Don, but just talked to my friend, and he says for the 738WL, in the cfg, all the entries were suddenly doubled. I did notice in the end of my own cfg, there was a single, double line in the end of the file. Maybe you also should know I always set comma to be period in windows, because gmax demands it. Syntax thingie?

gadgets

Resource contributor
I'd be interested in knowing what version of AIFP your friend is using. I vaguely recall such an issue being reported(and fixed) quite a while ago. The fact that you and I are getting identical results suggests the only issue is the current version is that last line.

Don

I get that last line with your latest AIFP - 3.2.17. My friend used 3.2.15. I can do a new sorting with my current AIFP if you need it.

gadgets

Resource contributor
jHambly, further to my earlier response, I have been in contact with AIG and have learned that OCI is installed the Documents\Prepar3d vn Addons folder. AIFP "collects" aircraft from that folder and so, if you do as I suggested, you will indeed get duplicates.

Which raises an interesting point. If you got duplicates when you did as I suggested, AIFP obviously found the AI aircraft installed by OCI. Why you don't see them initially is a mystery. My AIG contact confirms correct operation on his system.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Andrew, I have found (at least one) cause of duplicates after sorting an aircraft.cfg. It is due to the [Fltsim] entries in the original file being in two or more separate sections, e.g, some at the beginning of the file, others at the end. Currently, AIFP assumes all [Fltsim] blocks are consecutive.

It may take a couple days to implement a fix since other functions may also be affected.

I have also found and fixed the cause of the duplicated last line.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Andrew, I have just posted Development Release 3.2.17(a), which fixes the "sorting" issue. If not "discovered" when you next run AIFP, it can be downloaded from http://stuff4fs.com.

jHambly, since AIFP did eventually find your OCI aircraft, it's initial failure to do so may have been a result of the setting of the option Maintain Installed a/c List(s).

Don

I appreciate your stubbornness in trying to accommodate everyone.
Would it not be an idea to make a distinction between a simple install and an advanced install for those that want all of the extra's ?

gadgets

Resource contributor
It's not clear to what you are referring, Roby. The initial post in this thread was in respect of AIFP not finding aircraft installed by OCI, an AIG offering. Andrew's post referred to an issue, now corrected, with AIFP sorting an aircraft.cfg file.

Also, could you please characterize the difference between "simple" and "advanced" install (of what?)

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
jHambly, the cause for AIFP not recognizing OIC-installed simobjects has been found and fixed. Please install Development Release 3.2.17(b).

Don