• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Using stock library objects from other airports

Country
unitedstates
ok I think I have a misconception or something else is wrong..

im working on KEWR. redoing the terminals because the stock geometry is all whacked out.

im using generic buildings for the most part, nothing fancy, i just want the general layout to be correct.. now as you may know, there are large round terminal buildings at kewr and generic buildings arent round. so I found a large round building at KIAH that should work to help me build these round terminals. my theory was having imported the BGL that the stock KIAH is in into the library object manager, the objects within would become usable in any other project anywhere i want.

so i go back to KEWR, use the find guid function to find the round building from KIAH, and add it.. presto, it seems to work fine, the yellow footprint shows in ADE and everything. i build my 6 round terminals and think everything is great.

so, i compile, no errors. go load up p3d and check it out. the round buildings are not there. they did not compile?

my googling didn't really help other than maybe something about geo-locked objects??? can you not use an object from another stock bgl or something?

example pics:

kewr missing buildings.PNG
2020-12-22_15-36-20-131.png

Country
unitedkingdom
Those stock items are probably "geo-locked" which means they can only appear at their original locations. There are ways to overcome this though.

Do a search on "geo-locking" in this forum and you should find plenty of discussion about getting around your situation.

Country
unitedstates
yeah thats what i was suspecting. it looks like theres a work around for local use but i dont think that will work for me. i will probably just go back to building circles out of rectangles :)

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
There are ways you can use them anywhere in the world. You either have to:

Unlock the BGL file using GeoLock:

Note this will only work on your computer, so you won't be able to release your work to others unless they unlock this BGL too.

Or:

1. Decompile the BGL file to get the individual MDL files.
2. Add them to a new library using Library Creator XML. Make sure they have new GUIDs.
3. Place them using that library.

Country
italy
2. Add them to a new library using Library Creator XML. Make sure they have new GUIDs.
Hi I was here and I read this thread, how can I do these steps??

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Just open the library BGL file in ModelConverterX, use the green arrows to find the correct object, and use Export Object with the format as an MDL file for your desired sim. Then follow step 2, LCX is available here.

Country
us-illinois
Hi Ray and Tom:

You refer to use of Arno's Library Creator XML (aka "LCX"), which can be downloaded here:

As it has been a while since I used this utility, my memory needs refreshing on LCX' default behavior when working with FSX / P3D MDLs.

In LCX' Manual an unclear statement by Arno, IMHO, needs more explanation, to avoid duplicate GUIDs in extracted FSX / P3D MDLs:

"The tool will create a new unique GUID for your objects so that you don't have to worry about this yourself. This is only the case for Fs2004 MDL object, as in FsX MDL objects the GUID is already stored inside it."

What has been your experience with LCX regarding risk for duplication of FSX / P3D GUIDs in derived scenery library object BGLs ? :scratchch

HINT: Please do not tell me "Don't Fix What Ain't Broke". :p

I do not see where LCX offers a feature to manually change the GUIDs for FSX / P3D MDLs, such as we have in Arno's MCX utility. :alert:

GaryGB

Country
unitedkingdom
GaryGB

when I used LCX (only a few times and several years ago) I did not suffer any GUID duplicates (as far as I know anyways).

Country
us-illinois
GaryGB

when I used LCX (only a few times and several years ago) I did not suffer any GUID duplicates (as far as I know anyways).

If one follows a sequence Tom identifies that first changes GUIDs via MCX, one obviates concerns over duplicate GUIDs.

There are ways you can use them anywhere in the world. You either have to:

Unlock the BGL file using GeoLock:

Note this will only work on your computer, so you won't be able to release your work to others unless they unlock this BGL too.

Or:

GaryGB

Country
us-illinois
yeah thats what i was suspecting. it looks like theres a work around for local use but i dont think that will work for me. i will probably just go back to building circles out of rectangles :)

You may wish to use this:

NEW YORK AIRPORTS X V2 DEMO by Drzewiecki Design.

"NEW YORK AIRPORTS X V2 DEMO is a package containing 6 airports located in New York metropolitan areas - KJFK Kennedy, KEWR Newark and KLGA LaGuardia + 3 business & general aviation airports - KTEB Teterboro, KCDW Essex County and KLDJ Linden. This package is fully compatible with FSX/FSX:SE/P3Dv1/P3Dv2/P3Dv3/P3Dv4/FSW and with New York City X by Drzewiecki Design (v2.3 and higher), Manhattan X by Aerosoft, all ORBX products, all PILOT’S products and all Megascenery products. This is a fully functional freeware scenery, perfectly aligned with the full payware version."

Otherwise, I do not see any recent P3D compatible freeware add-ons of note that offer KEWR terminals realistic to IRL.

kewr_p3dv4x_drzewiecki_nyc_airports_demo_v2-jpg.83785

kewr_ge_3d-jpg.83786

kewr_ge_sv-jpg.83784

GaryGB

Attachments

• KEWR_GE_SV.jpg
    KEWR_GE_SV.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 195
  • KEWR_P3Dv4x_Drzewiecki_NYC_Airports_Demo_v2.jpg
    KEWR_P3Dv4x_Drzewiecki_NYC_Airports_Demo_v2.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 192
  • KEWR_GE_3D.jpg