UV maps in GMAX

Hail Gmax gurus!

I've tried to get my feet wet with Gmax, and started off with a simple box (cube). All is not right relating to texturing, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My look-great texture in gmax is wrapped incorrectly in FSX, but not all faces, only some.

The box is applied a simple FSX material using the diffuse entry only to keep things simple.

The cube is converted to a mesh, and each face is textured using UV UnWrap to wrap the single 512x512 texture correctly on the cube's faces. No problems there, looks great in Gmax.

I export the box using the Gmax MDL tool after setting the GUID and friendly name (box), configure the object as a ground object in FSX, and I get the box shown in FSX using the object placement tool.

However, some textures are missing on some faces, but not all. I've checked normals and they look correct.

I've spent the better part of the weekend trying to figure this out, to no avail.

I'm attaching the source file and textures, and the folder as placed in FSX in the hope someone can look at this stuff and let me know what I'm doing wrong. :confused:

Thanks in advance,

Etienne

Attachments

I looked at your files and noted that your dds file is not flipped. Before you save your texture as a dds file you need to flip the image. Give it a try...