• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vanguard Heliport London (Update!!!!!!)

Hi All,

So i started my building creation a few months ago, i have never done anything like this before . . . so this has been a fantastic learning curve for me (tough, but i love it).

So, update time!!!!! I have managed to get the whole model into the MCX - Which is super exciting for me !!!LOL

However, i am really struggling to export the associated textures with them. Any help, advice or support would be really helpful. I would like to release this a community for free (or for 1$ with 100% donation to the red cross - undecided).
Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Cqter3pWgAA6wxi.jpg

What exactly are you struggling with when you export. Are you exporting as bgl?

Need a little more detail to see where you are seeing issue

What exactly are you struggling with when you export. Are you exporting as bgl?

Need a little more detail to see where you are seeing issue
Exporting the .bgl from blender using the export tool in to MCX. But there are no textures associated. Do I have UV the project and paint in PS? Or can I not directly export with textures in blender?

I am not very sure about this part of the process.

With the model in Blender you need to have some textures to add to each face. Seems you may have some Photoshop knowledge?.
If you look at the last picture you posted (the heli shot) you have some great pictures that can be "shopped" for the front of the model including the ground
Here is as nice simple guide to doing some of what you want with a little live action to help in there

https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/23437/add-an-image-to-an-object

You need to have your textures ready in a format blender can use,I.e BMP or jpeg. . you then place the relevant texture on to the face of the model I.e like me sticking a picture on a wall. When you've done that you should see all aspects of the model with textures in place so it will look similar to your last picture posted. When you export the model as a dae the textures should come with the dae . when you import in to mcx the dae will open and have the textures already mapped to the faces. You'll see these in the mcx materials window

You need to have your textures ready in a format blender can use,I.e BMP or jpeg. . you then place the relevant texture on to the face of the model I.e like me sticking a picture on a wall. When you've done that you should see all aspects of the model with textures in place so it will look similar to your last picture posted. When you export the model as a dae the textures should come with the dae . when you import in to mcx the dae will open and have the textures already mapped to the faces. You'll see these in the mcx materials window
Bingo . . . I will try. . . Thank you

HI gfxpilot,

I seem to get this error when importing into MXC any ideas?

An error occured during importing the selected file

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

StackTrace:
at ASToFra.ObjectReader.DAEReader.ReadGeometry(Geometry geo, SceneGraphNode root)
at ASToFra.ObjectReader.DAEReader.ProcessNode(Node node, SceneGraphNode root)
at ASToFra.ObjectReader.DAEReader.Read(String filename)
at ASToFra.ObjectReader.AllObjectReader.Read(String fileName)
at ASToFra.ModelConverterX.MainWindow.bwImporter_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Which version of ModelConverterX are you using? I think it's the old version 1.3, I would try the latest development release, as it contains many bug fixes when reading DAE files.

Hi,

So we are making some progress. The front texture is loading. Which it was not before. Do you know What the errors mean below? Also how to fix them in blender? Also, I don't understand why all the other textures are not loading as they are setup the same as front texture. Also, do the textures need baking in?

Your textures need to be in powers of 2.

So pixel size 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024 etc.

If you are using blender, have you installed the Blender FSX 2FSX pack available on the forum.

You need to tick FSX material using it then export as FSX .x file.

Then you can place it using MCX.