Variable for Switching on Lights

Hi

I am thinking about how to make a light (stopbar light) switchable from the pilots perspective. In reality the red lights are switched to green by the tower controller when having given the permission to line up. As far as I understood this effect cannot be constructed easily in FS9. So the only workarounds would be:

1) to switch the colour when the aircraft is approaching the stop bar (which I do not really want because this kind of automatism is not really realistic - lining up the runway never should be done automatically), or
2) to assign a specific value which has to be triggered by the pilot in command (e.g. to use the "landing-lights-on" gauge or to use the transponder-on switch (which comes closer to reality in my feeling).

My question(s):
(1) where can I find all variables from MSFS9 which can be influenced by the pilot?
(2) which of them will be processed by MDL Tweaker?

Any ideas are appreciated
greetz

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Gianni,

This thread gives a good overview of the variables available. You will be able to enter all of them into MDL Tweaker as well. Maybe some come without a description in the GUI though.

Hi Arno,

thanks for the link. As far as the transponder-code is concerned I am wondering whether or not this will meet my demand:

Per default the code is set to 1200 for VFR. So if I would set the range for the appearance ot the light like "if variable is greater than 0" the desired effect would be -given that it works- just the same as the current status.

My idea was to use - if it is available - the onn/off toggle switch for the activation of the transponder (usually pilots are switching on latest when they have received the clearance for lining up). But I have no clue where I could find this variable (if there is any - but somehow and somewhere there must be such a thing because for online flying the transponder activation is sent via the net).

Another idea could be the switch of the landings lights of the plane. Is there such a variable?

greetz

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Gianni,

I am not aware of a variable for the landing light status. A lot of these aircraft specific things are not made available to the scenery.

For the transponder I am also not sure how it works. It could be the value is 0 when the transponder is off, but maybe it is already the code tuned in. The best way is probably to try to condition based on it and see if it has any effect.

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Maybe an Idea:

After your roll to the Stop Bar - you must switch from the Ground Freq. to the Tower Frq. (Okay small airports have no different Frq. but you can do it in the AFCAD :) )

Your effect will maybe have two condition.
First: The switch to the Tower Freq.
Second: Timebased - 15 Seconds Maybe.

The stopbar will switch to green if the 2 Condition are True.