• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX VEMN W.I.P

Country
canada
VEMN New Terminal Work in Progress Date started 12th July 2015. This project is secondary expected to come out late, as an aircraft is also in development :)

airport4.JPG
airport3.JPG
airport3.JPG
airport2.JPG
airport.JPG

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Looking great! If I may ask, what aircraft are you developing? :)

Country
canada
Well for the Jetway i guess there are animation tags on the FSX tool-set just need to experiment on things and for your airport you can use my Jetway i will give you the blend file. The A350 is am sorry but until the model is textured i cant show it still needs to be worked on the engines and the VC needs to be done but it will be out soon with textures for the exterior model only.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Jetways need to be rigged using bone stuff etc. no simple animation tags.
sadly this is not yet documented for Blender AFAIK

Country
germany
Bones are indeed supported in the toolset and AFAIK, Jetways use specific hard coded names for the bones to be recognized by FS. Would be interesting to see someone actually get it working. I'm willing to assist!

The SDK document refering to Jetways is located in Environment Kit->Modeling SDK->Jetways. It shows the placement, orientation and names of the different bones needed.

edit: After reading through the document, it appears I have to implement IK handles and Joints for Jetways to work. If someone is willing to go through the process with me (I'm not an airport designer and don't know anything about Jetways), contact me per PM.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Country
canada
Jetway is done on the model needs to be textured and animated trying to keep as low vertices as possible for better FPS. Today started work on ground ploy still things needs to be sorted out.jet_way_Mysim.blend.pngGroundploy.blend.png