• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Version 1.71.6177 BETA) cannot set halo

GHD

Country
england
For some reason, the "Display Options" no longer works.

Is there some setting in an ini or dat file I can set?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Not sure I even have a working copy of that version George. I have 1.70.6402 or 1.76

GHD

Country
england
Thanks Jon, I can live with it.

BTW. It does work in 1.76.6715. If I save the file in that, can it be opened in 1.71?

Edit. It does open but Halo still doesn't work.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Not sure - generally we can't guarantee backwards compatibility but it is worth a try

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
George - please remind me how you have tried to set the halo effect?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - worked in 1.65, stopped in 1.70. I will add it to my snag list George

Country
unitedkingdom
OK - worked in 1.65, stopped in 1.70. I will add it to my snag list George

Re small object 'halos' - I assume that is what is being looked at.

My ADE is - Application 01.76.6715.14291 - Engine 04.75.6712.18978

and I get halos and can adjust them as per User Manual.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
are you able to set this via the right click menu Ray?

Country
unitedkingdom
are you able to set this via the right click menu Ray?

Yes, select a small object that has a larger circle on it, right click, Display Options, dialog opens where I can change the 'halo' settings. halo.jpg

Country
us-florida
George, I'm using 1.76.6715 on Windows 7 64 bit. Two things you should check. First under Settings make sure that Show Small Object Halos is turned on to see the halos. Secondly in order to see the Display Options dialogue box you need to first select a small object (either the object or the halo if you have halos turned on) with a left click. Then once selected right click on the object and the Display Options box should open. I you just right click on an object then ADE treats this the same as a right click anywhere on the graphics window.

Ed

GHD

Country
england
Firstly, there is no "Show Small Object Halos " under options (version 01.71.6177.24088):

I can see the options dialog from right-click:

but no halos appear on the grid.

It works fine on my single screen W7 machine, but I have two screens on my XP machine which is what I use for development.

Country
us-florida
Don't click on Options. Just click on Settings and Show Small Object Halos is at the bottom.
ADE_Settings.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
George,

on my setup, "Show Small Object Halos" is the bottom-most line of the "Settings" menu drop-down, not in the "Program Options".

Edit,
Ed just beat me to the same comment!