• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX "Very Light Scenerys" and patches for Africa

Country
germany
Whoever is interested in virtual aviation inside/above Africa might already know me for my Addis Ababa Scenery (which is finished and downloadable at www.whitedotsim.de.tl) and my upcoming Dar Es Salaam Airport scenery. Despite of those "full" scenerys I am also developing very vast scenerys for other airports all over Africa which I think are important to have "somehow"; but either hard to find any good sources about or not important enough for me personally to invest a lot of efforts and time. Still FS-Africa is in the need of those airports so I decided to make those "very-light-scenerys". Features I include are:

-> Accurate Afcad
-> (More or less roughly) modeled airport buildings + surroundings
-> fast & simple night textures
-> Stock objects placed "with sence" to bring a more vivid feeling to the airports

NOT INCLUDED:

-> Custom Ground Polys
-> Satellite Background
-> Fancy Modeling & Textures
-> Many other things you get from advanced scenerys

So this might sound bad, but its better than nothing, and to create those very-light-scenerys I only need a few days, so they will come more or less frequently, whilest "real" scenerys will take me months. So take these as a "Gap-Filler", not as true scenerys, and you'll be happy ;) Of course as always all is freeware.

All my scenerys can be found via my website "www.whitedotsim.de.tl". I will post extra-replies for every VL-Scenery inside this topic as well, starting from now on. If you are interested in this project PLEASE COMMENT your opinion! Would be nice to have some feedback!

Country
germany
Togo - Lomé International Airport - DXXX/LFW

Important airport in West Africa, focus city for Ethiopian Airlines and hub of "ASky". Biggest airport of Togo.
The scenery includes all Terminal buildings, the Towers and some other facilities modeled by hand, an accurate afcad-file and some hand-placed trees, cars and other objects.

Download here, same procedure as with every scenery. Detailed installation hints can be found on my website.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fhgl40unr9usex/DXXX2014LIGHT.rar?dl=1

Country
germany
Gambia - Banjul International Airport - GBYD FS9 to FSX portover/patch

There was a nice scenery for Banjul available in the good old FS9-days, here is a simple patch to use it in FSX:

1. Download the original scenery here: http://www.sunudiv.com/fs-africa/telechargements/Banjul International.zip
2. Create a folder called "GBYDfsx" or any similar name. Open the downloaded .zip file, look for the two folders "scenery" and "texture" and move them to your newly created folder.
3. Open "scenery" and delete the following files: AF2_GBYD.bgl ; BJL vegetation.bgl
4. Download this file and move it into "scenery": https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmmpcgyytsjx8k6/GBYD_afcad.BGL
5. Move everything to your FSXMainfolder/Addon Scenery and activate it like usual. You should have a very simple but FSX-compatible scenery for Banjul now ;)

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Pic for Lomé (from the homepage):
Lomee_zps83d7d1f2.jpg~original

I like lightweight sceneries and do not use much beyond improved AFX files. It keeps resource use down and fits the simplistic approach of a of a flight simulator much better.

Country
poland
I really like your idea for upgraded African airports. I'm working on African airports myself, with similar approach as yours. Currently I'm working on Mauritanian airports. As I'm new to whole scenery creation scene I try to keep it simple. It's always better than default.
Do you have any good resources on African airports? It's really hard to find charts and photos of them. Mostly I have to guess how it should look like.

Good luck with your projects.

Country
germany
Mostly I work with a combination of my own photos (of course only for the very few airports I have been too yet), photos by friends and from the net. Another nice source to get "a feeling" for the airport is youtube videos as they most likely show you more of the airport surroundings than photos do (the "uninteresting" parts of an airport are shown as well while photos to be found on google most likely show nothing more but the terminal).

And I personally choose the airports I want to remake from the material that is avaiable for those airports ;)

For charts I use Jeppesen but you need to pay (very expensive :S) for an account there. I am simply glad to have good relations with real life pilots who provide me the charts I need ;)

But nice to hear someone else is doing something inside fs-Africa ^^.

Country
us-wisconsin
I applaud your effort on the monumental task. I am on a one man crusade to update the smaller airports of India, fleshing out the green rectangles with a solo tower to something a little more substantial. I wish you the best.

Country
portugal
Very good looking!;) Thanks for your work.

In case you accept requests, what about Maputo FQMA and/or Lusaka FLKK? I can send you photos from Maputo.

Cheers!;)

Country
germany
;)

LIA2_zps6b28f8d0.jpg~original

Maputo is on the list of airports I am interested in as well, but not highest priority. But if you have a lot of photos it might get easier so it would be a possibility for me as well. PN me everything you have ;)

Country
italy
Hi Magnus
very good work and nice sceneries ! We only want to tell you, in the last 10 months we are working on the Mombasa HKMO airport and the developement is on a quite good status (80% of the scenery is done and release is previewed inside the end of this year). The scenery will be released first for FS9 but - it can be - an FSX version too. We tell you this only for information and to avoid working on the same scenery in two in the same time.

Country
germany
Of course I am aware of your work on HKMO ;) I appreciate it! Looking forward to Mombasa. FSX version is highly demanded (by me =D)!

Country
germany
I got the permession to use a friends photoscenery for completeing my own scenery of Lusaka, so i merged my existing model and afcad with his afcad/photo-work.
I think for a "light scenery" the outcome isn't too bad. Only nighttextures missing ;) What do you think?

FLKK06_zpsc639fe3b.jpg~original

FLKK05_zpsa6f0227d.jpg~original

FLKK04_zps9164e89f.jpg~original

Country
us-texas
Magnus, keep it going mate!

Looking forward to Lusaka and really fired up to see your UB, Mongolia scenery. Been there a handful of times and man, it is really missing in FSX/P3D. These are all going to be great contributions!

Country
germany
Comores Islands - Moroni - FMCH/HAH

Next destination in Africa that is finished as a "Very Light Scenery": Moroni International Airport, main airport for the Comores Islands.
Included: Handmodeled Buildings, updated afcad, handplaced airport objects.

The use of flightport's library (just google for it or look at my website whitedotsim.de.tl) will enhance it a little bit ;)

Not included: fancy stuff.

Enjoy ;)

Download:
http://ul.to/osv5rh1z

Edit: 2 Screens for you ;)

hah2etuit.jpg

hah-2014-dec-31-001boudk.jpg

Last edited: