• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Virtual cockpit edit

Country
czechrepublic
Hi guys!

Normally in "Airplane/model" folder I see two .mdl , one for external model and one for interior/3D cockpit.
But what when there is only one mdl? And in ModelConverterX it looks like external model only. But there must be virtual cockpit somewhere too, because the airplane has got VC!!
Could anyone help me please?

I would like to edit a little bit one VC and use it in other model which without VC, so if you also know what is the easiest way, I would be thankful if you tell me it.

Luke

Zeiten

Resource contributor
Country
norway
Check the model.cfg found inside the model folder.

If will guide you in the right direction where the mdl is located.

Or it could be a FS9 model..

Country
czechrepublic
Check the model.cfg found inside the model folder.

If will guide you in the right direction where the mdl is located.

Or it could be a FS9 model..
I already checked. There is only the one model. So I think it is FS9 model, so..what now?

Zeiten

Resource contributor
Country
norway
Since the VC is is a part of the model you can't simply use that VC for another aircraft.
It's not like native FSX model that have different mdl's for the exterior and VC.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

For fs2004 models you can see the VC in MCX by changing one of the variables when loading the model. The values to use are in the help tooltip. But animations are probably not read correctly.