FSX Virtual Earth server DLL

Hi there
Is there a new Virtual Server dll to use?
I am using the SBuilderX313 default which is version 1.1.1.

I am making photorealistic scenery with Virtual Earth Satelite but the images are about 6-7 years old.
There are some major highways that are still under..... construction in Virtual Earth but in Google are shown complete.
I don't want to start using Google (even though it looks much better than Virtual Earth) in the middle of my project because there is a different hue in the Google image.

rhumbaflappy

Staff member
Resource contributor
What is the lat-long of the construction?

I ask, because we can only grab what the virtual earth server has... I'd like to see if there is newer scenery.

Dick

Virtual Earth Satelite

N37 58.78 E 23 22.10 aproximately.

I am doing the Athens Attiki photorealistic scenery project.
My mistake was from the beginning that I used the Virtual Earth Satelite.
The images are at least 7 years old because a major highway Attiki Odos
is still under construction in Virtual, but in Google is finished. It was finished in 2004.
The problem is, because I am doing a very large area, I can't switch to Google because the images of Google have a different hue, are more red-brown and it doesn't look good when you look at the scenery as a whole.
I don't feel like starting from scratch because i have uploaded about 12 250MB scenery files. A lot of work.

Note; I downloaded the mesh bgl DEM4610_7.
I installed it in my addon scenery. Correct?

Thank you
angelo

rhumbaflappy

Staff member
Resource contributor
Hi Angelo.

Microsoft hasn't updated the images, so updating the DLL would do no good... and that's what I expected.

Unlike Google, VirtualEarth uses the most recent tiles for all access. Google keeps older versions for a while, which is why we need to update that tile server to a recent number.

Dick