Visibility condition in x-file and earth curve correction with MCX

tgibson

Resource contributor
Interesting - that's not what we are told here in the USA - here is a quote from USA Today:

"The United States is the only developed country in the world without a single legally required paid vacation day or holiday. By law, every country in the European Union has at least four work weeks of paid vacation. "

To me 4 work weeks is a month. Not true?

In the EU:
Employees in full-time employment on a 40-hour week are entitled to a minimum of 208 hours of vacation leave per year. Vacation leave can be taken as agreed with the employer.
That does not include official holidays that vary per country and even per region.
Now, suppose you have an administrator that lives in the Netherlands:) and works for a company in the Netherlands, he will have a legal right to have at least 4 times the weekly hours he works. Say he works 36 hours a week, he will have 36 times 4 hours of paid vacation leave.
That does not include official holidays of which we do not have too many in NL.
Of course, you can always negotiate with your employer to have more, that your extra hours will not be paid at a higher tariff but instead converted into more paid vacation leave, that dangerous or stressful work is translated into more paid leave, etc. etc.
As this "hypothetical" administrator is supposed to keep track of all the threads here where users want an answer, it would entitle him some well deserved but unpaid extra vacation;)!
As for the US, Tom, I think it is an obsolete idea to think that the more hours you work, the better it is. It will affect productivity in the long run.
I guess that you also will have noticed that the longer you work on your aircraft or scenery or whatever, the best ideas and stuff comes when you start off and the longer it takes it slowly becomes a pain in the ...!
But, then again, I am looking at it as a European though I would prefer the American way to the Chinese or Japanese way who have a completely different philosophy.
How about that for digressing from the original topic!?:eek:

Cheers,

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The earth curve correction should also work when visibility conditions are present. Let me double check that in the source code.

The GPW does the curve already, so if you used that already you should not apply the curve again.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I have double checked in the code, but the curve correction code doesn't check for visibility conditions. Only animated parts get a special treatment :).

Hello Arno

Hopefully you had a nice vacation. :cool:
Thank you for your answer. Of course, I only apply the curvature of the earth once for a ground layout.
If you want, I can send you an x-file for verification. :) I think the x-file created with 3ds max with visibility condition is not processed correctly in MXC.

Last edited:
Oh, you know, Peter, I have a habit of digressing sometimes, that is why I reminded Arno that it was about. You could also blame Tom and Doug!
It boils down to the fact that, if I understand it correctly, when you use the Earth Curvature Correction, it does not retain your visibility conditions?
Well, that is why I said to use the GPW.
Watch me digressing (as a joke) from another topic in a minute.
Cheers,

Roby

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I thought the problem was they are not curved, instead of the conditions being lost.

Having a file to reproduce the issue would help.

In the EU:
Employees in full-time employment on a 40-hour week are entitled to a minimum of 208 hours of vacation leave per year. Vacation leave can be taken as agreed with the employer.
That does not include official holidays that vary per country and even per region.
Now, suppose you have an administrator that lives in the Netherlands:) and works for a company in the Netherlands, he will have a legal right to have at least 4 times the weekly hours he works. Say he works 36 hours a week, he will have 36 times 4 hours of paid vacation leave.
That does not include official holidays of which we do not have too many in NL.
Of course, you can always negotiate with your employer to have more, that your extra hours will not be paid at a higher tariff but instead converted into more paid vacation leave, that dangerous or stressful work is translated into more paid leave, etc. etc.
As this "hypothetical" administrator is supposed to keep track of all the threads here where users want an answer, it would entitle him some well deserved but unpaid extra vacation;)!
As for the US, Tom, I think it is an obsolete idea to think that the more hours you work, the better it is. It will affect productivity in the long run.
I guess that you also will have noticed that the longer you work on your aircraft or scenery or whatever, the best ideas and stuff comes when you start off and the longer it takes it slowly becomes a pain in the ...!
But, then again, I am looking at it as a European though I would prefer the American way to the Chinese or Japanese way who have a completely different philosophy.
How about that for digressing from the original topic!?:eek:

Cheers,
Don’t forget the possibility of getting extra hours when working overtime!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Peter,

I had a look at the X file you send me. If I load it in MCX and then apply the earth curve correction it works fine on my PC. I see that the bounding box is changed (minimum value gets more negative) and the visibility conditions remain nicely on the parts.

Are you using the latest development release version or another build?

Hello Arno,

I am using the latest version of July 2019 - V 1.4.0.0 cbd41df3 DEV.
When I make the earth curvature with the x-file and put the layout in the scenery, the outer areas still hover up to 20 cm high. At a size of 800 x 3000 m.

If I have no visibility condition built into 3ds max, and then use the x-file for earth curvature, then it does not float in the outer area.

Is it possible that there is not enough curvature?

Thank you for your efforts.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The amount of curvation only depends on the geometry, not on visibility conditions.

Are you sure you entered the same position and altitude in the editor in both cases?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Peter,

I think I have fixed the bug, it will be in the next development release. Let me know if it works.

Arno,

I have now tested the earth curvature correction with the current MCX developer version. This now works perfectly, even with vc already in the x-file. :D
Great job. :stirthepo A great tool.
Thank you again.