• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 visibility conditions for scenery objects

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
The way you get your jetway to show up in the sim is to assign the GUID of your new jetway instead of the GUID of the default jetway in the airport's XML code. ADE lets you do this if you have ProKey in Tools/Raw Data View.

Right you are, Tom?. Did not think of that!
But would I have to do that both in the xml AND in the ADE?
And if I assign a new GUID in the xml, do I have to use the same GUID for my model part as well as the model?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I assume that you assigned a Friendly Name and GUID for the model in your modeling program. That is the GUID of the jetway. Then in ADE you change the default GUID number to this GUID number (again, I assume).

No, my model GUID is quite different from the animation GUID in the xml.
As for now: tomorrow is another day!

Last edited:
You misunderstood, Tom.
I know how to do it with SODE but I want to forego SODE and would want to do it without.
It will be a SimObject of course because we do not have (yet?) the possibilities to add some of what we need to Scenery Objects.
What I would like to know is whether I have to change the GUID of the "JetwayHoodExtend" and the "JetwayHoodRetract" and how I can assign a proximity or frequency trigger?

Country
france
Hello all
I wanna make a clock, so I made this code
and I want to know how can I floor the value that I get before I set the frame

and for the minutes, can I make some if statements like if minutes is greater than 60 then subtract 60 and recheck again so if we're clear we floor the value and set the frame
I'm used to real programming, not the P3D logic so please understand how I think :p
and yeah, is there a way to set like local variables, to do much more complex tasks and get advanced animations?

thnx in advance

XML:
  <PartInfo>
    <Name>Clock</Name>
    <AnimLength>100</AnimLength>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 3600 /
        </Code>
        <Lag>60</Lag>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
  </PartInfo>

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It will be a SimObject of course because we do not have (yet?) the possibilities to add some of what we need to Scenery Objects.
What I would like to know is whether I have to change the GUID of the "JetwayHoodExtend" and the "JetwayHoodRetract" and how I can assign a proximity or frequency trigger?
Why would you need such triggers? If you make them with the proper jet way animations you can just use the Ctrl-J jet way command to let them dock to your aircraft. You need to use the specific animations FS has for that, so no need to change guids.

A small contribution from my side:
<PartInfo>
<Name>foggy_lightson</Name>
<Visibility>
<Parameter>
<Code>
(O:Weather.AmbientVisibility, meters) 50 &gt;= (O:Weather.AmbientVisibility, meters) 2000 &lt;= and if{ 1 } els{ 0 }
(E:TIME OF DAY, number) 2.0 &gt;= (E:TIME OF DAY, number) 1.0 &lt;= or if{ 1 } els{ 0 }
</Code>
</Parameter>
</Visibility>
</PartInfo>

Custom approach lighting is also turned on in dense fog (vis < 2km). I am not sure if landing is permitted when visibility is less than 50m.
Thanks for all your help.

PS: When do airports turn on their approach and runway lights in real life? And at what visibility or other conditions is a runway closed for landing or take off even for IFR?

Last edited:
Hi,

My small contribution (the xml code) was wrong as the lights also stayed on during daytime in clear weather conditions:(.
Took me some brain wrecking to find a solution but I found it.
The code should look like this:

<PartInfo>
<Name>foggy_lightson</Name>
<Visibility>
<Parameter>
<Code>
(O:Weather.AmbientVisibility, meters) 20 &gt;= (O:Weather.AmbientVisibility, meters) 3500 &lt;= and
(E:TIME OF DAY, number) 1 != (O:Weather.AmbientVisibility, meters) 3500 &gt;= and
or if{ 1 } els{ 0 }
</Code>
</Parameter>
</Visibility>
</PartInfo>

Cheers,

Hi all,

OK, we now know how to animate windsocks, make seasonal textures (also for groundpoly), and more stuff depending on E an O variables. Nice.
But I am stuck on the jetways!
When I attribute the "jetwayhoodextend" animation to the,for the time being, simple jetway (only the last part moves forward) it does move in MCX but does NOT in P3D4.
When I add the "retract" part as well, it does not even move anymore in MCX either.
I changed the animation GUID to the GUID my jetway has (like Tom suggested) but that is also a 'no go'.
Then Arno said (contradictory to Tom) that I do not need a trigger when 'you make them with the proper jet way animations you can just use the Ctrl-J jet way command to let them dock to your aircraft. You need to use the specific animations FS has for that, so no need to change guids'. But did not specify what these specific animations are.
The custom jetway is a scenery object and I can only (AFAIK) add a 'part info' if needed but then I am stuck on the code to use.
Can somebody tell me if it is possible at all for a scenery object without having to rely on SODE to do the job for me? And if so, what would be the modeldef entry to make it work in P3D4?
I attach the model (the animation does not stick, it reverts to unknown when I change the GUID to the model GUID).
Thanks,

Roby

Attachments

• Animated gate_14_test.BGL
    16 KB · Views: 350

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
If you are changing LODs in the model I apologize for confusing you. I never said to change the GUID of the model after assigning the original GUID in the creation process, I said to assign the jetway's GUIID to the XML in ADE so it would be displayed instead of the default jetway. No other GUID changes are necessary or will help you.

That is OK, I was already aware of that.
I does not answer in fact the only two questions I tried to ask an answer for:
1. Is it possible to trigger a jetway animation on a scenery object in P3D4 without the use of SODE (that relies on making it a SimObject);
2. If it is 'überhaupt' possible, then what would be the code to add to the part info (if that is what could be missing).