Visual C++ Exporting Error (??)

Hey guys,
Ive seen some interesting things in scenery designing, but ive never come across this error. I was try to export a plane (normally textured) and it was a platform. The other planes worked just fine, but now im getting this error (attached JPEG). Im perplexed :eek: ! If anybody's seen this before, please post, i cant seen to continue without it :( fixed!

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

This error seems to happen when you export very small objects for example. Or do you have only the platform in your source? That could also be the reason.

The minimum requirements for an exported object is 1 meter x 1 meter.
You can just bypass this error message and the object will still be rendered.
Also, the object will not be able to have a crash box around it as it is too small.

If you are doing attached effects or objects, remember that there has to be an object or polygon exported along with them. Or else it won't compile.

Sean E.

rhumbaflappy

Staff member
Resource contributor
Hi Arno.

I think a plane can be converted to a platform, without any other objects or shapes in the MDL.

The key is that the plane must first be given a Material. This makes sense, as material names are the way MakeMDL sorts the pieces of the objects.

The same may hold true for attachments of effects and objects... they may require a Material to be applied before their conversion to an attachment.

Dick

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Dick,

That is an interesting option. If this is true, that would be a strange feature of MakeMDL again :). As the material of a platform is not used at all (there is no visual part of a platform), while if you create a visual object without a material MakeMDL just creates one from the GMax color of the part. But it wouldn't surprise me if it works like this.