• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

VRMM Float Plane Base in P3Dv4.5HF2

Country
us-michigan
Hi all,

I installed the last version (for FSX, I believe) of Aerosoft Maldives X into P3Dv4.5HF2. The airport seems to work fine, but the float plane base for AI doesn't seem to be working. The AI aircraft are part of the package, so I don't know if I am having an AFCAD issue or an AI compatibility issue. When starting the sim, all of the AI aircraft that should be parked at the base appear in the air and then scatter into the air like a flock of birds responding to the sound of a cannon. Aside from that, the aircraft appear to be operating normally while flying.

Does anyone have a list of things I should look into to make sure the AFCAD is compatible? It does have parking and runways, but I have never created a float plane base, so I don't really know what to look for.

Thanks

-Jeff

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
The first thing I would do would be to click on over to the Aerosoft forums and look around and see if maybe I might the exact same question posed there.

#2 on my list would be to start my simulator from any other airport, since everything is normal after that.

Country
us-michigan
Thanks.

1. I don't think we are dealing with an FSX traffic BGL issue. The AIG traffic wouldn't show up at VRMM if there was a FS9 traffic BGL in the mix. I haven't found anything else out this that is relevant to this issue. I have posted the same question over at AIG, but I'm guessing that the number of people that have tried to install this scenery onto P3Dv4 is pretty small. I think AIG and this forum are where the AFCAD/AI experts roam, so I came here (no offense to Aerosoft).

2. Are you suggesting that I check other airports to see if things are ok? I have and everything is fine, just like the AI at VRMM (not the float plane base).

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
OK, so you refuse to peruse the forums of the publisher Aerosoft, on the assumption that people who understand what you assume to be the problem, do not post there, but congregate at this site uniquely. Before learning if the problem has been encountered and solved there, you'd prefer someone do that process here.
You are mistaken about Aerosoft, actually. Thorsten Horst is the developer of the scenery and he frequents these forums, at least as commonly as the Aerosoft forums, although I would look for him there, where he supports his products. I would be surprised if he checked this site every time an email for a new forum posting alerted him, as would a message on one of his support forums. Great guy, incredibly knowledgeable.
Are you suggesting that I check other airports to see if things are ok? I have and everything is fine, just like the AI at VRMM (not the float plane base).
I am suggesting that you go to any other place in the sim when it first starts, so that by the time you arrive at VRMM, everything is normal. If, by saying, "the sim first starts," you mean, "when a flight is initiated," then get a cup of coffee before taxiing.

Country
us-michigan
OK, so you refuse to peruse the forums of the publisher Aerosoft, on the assumption that people who understand what you assume to be the problem, do not post there, but congregate at this site uniquely. Before learning if the problem has been encountered and solved there, you'd prefer someone do that process here.
You are mistaken about Aerosoft, actually. Thorsten Horst is the developer of the scenery and he frequents these forums, at least as commonly as the Aerosoft forums, although I would look for him there, where he supports his products. I would be surprised if he checked this site every time an email for a new forum posting alerted him, as would a message on one of his support forums. Great guy, incredibly knowledgeable.
I am suggesting that you go to any other place in the sim when it first starts, so that by the time you arrive at VRMM, everything is normal. If, by saying, "the sim first starts," you mean, "when a flight is initiated," then get a cup of coffee before taxiing.

Thanks. The posts you highlighted do not address the problem from what I can see. I'm not refusing to do anything. I have already looked over there. Sorry if I am missing something. I'm actually sensing a little hostility here, and I'm not sure it is deserved.

Have a great day.

Last edited: