Want to test the latest beta?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Now that the releases of ModelConverterX are becoming more stable, I am looking for a new way of testing the new releases. I don't think it is a good idea to dump the "beta" here on the forum, as it might contain some bugs that make it less stable than the latest official release.

Therefore I have setup a special beta testers group. Everybody is free to join it (under the following conditions):

• You are not afraid to try the latest build, although it might have some nasty bugs
  • You are willing to report back your experiences so that I can improve the tool

I do not expect the beta tester to fully try to break each new build with all the objects they have (although I would not mind if you did :)). If you want to join and get access to the latest build use this link and request to join.

I am looking forward to get some testers to make the next release very stable on release.

Hi Arno

As a user of your excellent program since day one I had hoped to join in with testing your latest version and followed the link you provided a couple of days ago but I have not had any response so far, one way or the other.

Iain

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Iain,

I was in London the last two evenings, as I visited the ESP conference there. So that is why I did not review the requests. I have done so now, so you should see a new subforum here now for the latest beta.

Thanks Arno

Will load this up tonight and take it for a spin.
Looking forward to trying it out and glad to be able to be a beta tester for you.

Gary

Hi Arno,

I signing-in. I'm really glad to test the new features of your tool.

but how to access to the beta version ? It need your approval

regards,
David

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Yes, they are moderated. I forgot to check for a few days. You should see a subforum here now for the beta.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Thanks to everybody who helped testing. I am now closing the beta group, as I will make the development builds public. So everybody can use the latest beta version if he wants.