• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Water Blend Help

Hi
I have problem with Blend Water I've tried everything, GlobalMapper, Sbuilder etc... I do not know what is happening... thd photo has 8bits greyscale
Anyone know what could be the problem?
Thanks
Regards
litoral.jpg

Hi,

Blur your blend.tif with a paint editor program like Photoshop, Gimp or whatever program you have available. Then, compile again with whatever program you are using to make this into a bgl for FSX or FS9.
But then, it might help if you give us some more info on the FS version, tools used, etc.

Hi
thanks for your help
This scenery is FSX SP2 version and I have a black white photo with GaussianBlur
in PhotoShop, but doesn´t work for me.
blendio.jpg

Thanks
Paulo R

Country
unitedkingdom
Your blendmask is just fine. Actually, this is fairly typical when you have only a blend mask.

Try adding a water mask as well.

Watermasks have no transition however. Black is water reflection, white is land. Having both a blend and a water mask will give you the smooth transition effect you look for, and a consistent water reflection throughout

I've tried water and blend, but not one over the other, I put the watermask then blend
That's right 8bit greyscale tif
Thanks

You compile them all together at the same time? Because that is the idea to have a bgl that has the three (a bmp and two tifs).

Country
unitedkingdom
indeed you compile to one single .bgl from a multisource .inf file

source1 would be your base texture
source2 would be your watermask
source3 would be your blendmask

and you draw watermask from source2, blendmask from 3 as below

[Source]
Type =Multisource
NumberofSources = 3

[Source1]
Type = BMP
Layer = Imagery
SourceDir =
SourceFile =
Lon = 1
Lat =
NumOfCellsPerLine =
NumOfLines =
CellXdimensionDeg =
CellYdimensionDeg =
PixelIsPoint = 0
SamplingMethod = Point
Channel_BlendMask = 2.0
Channel_LandWaterMask = 3.0

[Source2]
Type = Custom
SourceDir =
SourceFile =
Lon =
Lat =
NumOfCellsPerLine =
NumOfLines =
CellXdimensionDeg =
CellYdimensionDeg =
PixelIsPoint = 0
SamplingMethod = Gaussian

[Source3]
Type = Custom
SourceDir =
SourceFile =
Lon =
Lat =
NumOfCellsPerLine =
NumOfLines =
CellXdimensionDeg =
CellYdimensionDeg =
PixelIsPoint = 0
SamplingMethod = Gaussian

Last edited:
Hi,

Two things:
- if source 2 is the water mask and source 3 the blend mask, then you have switched the channels.
- your sampling method is not Gaussian it is probably a point. You only used a
Gaussian blur for your texture.

Your blendmask is just fine. Actually, this is fairly typical when you have only a blend mask.

Try adding a water mask as well.

Watermasks have no transition however. Black is water reflection, white is land. Having both a blend and a water mask will give you the smooth transition effect you look for, and a consistent water reflection throughout

Thanks for all!
hek is correct, having both water mask over blend and I have you the smooth transition now.
but I have a litthe problem a small photo working as well but my photo has
28928*20736 big one, and now the Alpha picture is out of sync I will try another photo
Thanks