• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Weird aircraft rendering

Country
france
Hello all,

This issue is perhaps more for Arno but if eveyone has a fix please let me know: since the last or the one before last version of MCX dev. version the aircraft rendering/visual is somehow degraded like if it was in low resolution/ low quality texture (unfortunately I do not have the last version of MCX dev. that had a good/normal rendering so I cannot show the difference with what I see today).

Has anyone observed the same issue here ?

Thanks

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Can you show how the weird rendering looks?

Country
france
Yes Arno, here attached. Not sure you can make your mind based on that one but it is a bit pixelated Vs the former versions of MCX dev. and the texture rendering is different too. When I mention "former versions" of MCX I mean at least three of four former versions not the last one ... you have released a lot of dev. versions in the last days !

Attachments

• MCX.jpg
    MCX.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 74

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

What I see there does not realy look weird to me, seems like a normal way to display an aircraft.

I have not modified the preview recently as well, I fixed other bugs mainly. But I will check tonight if any of the recent edits affect the preview.

Country
france
Ok Arno thanks !

If you can compare an aircraft preview with your latest dev. version and another MCX dev. that you released let say in January maybe you can then make a good comparison (unfortunately I have not stored/kept any of the previous releases)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Maybe a stupid question, but is the difference maybe using the simple and complex shader? The complex shader uses normal and detail maps and that will make the model look different. You can toggle them with the teapot icon in the toolbar.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Glad to hear that fixed it :)

Country
france
yes thanks, I did not know about that shader option ... and I am using MCX almost every day !