Weird textures on ground and sky

Hello,
I am encountering this issue running P3D V4.5 latest version. I never encountered problems running V4.3, but have encountered more than a few here. As a brief history, I am running V4.5 in my old computer, i7 4790K, GTX970, and running Prepar3D v5 in my new system with CTD's still going on, but that is a separate issue and not for this post. Maybe worth noting, at first, I did have both versions (v4.5 & V5) installed in my old system on separate drives.
This weird textures on ground and sky happens when changing views, or moving aircraft via map, etc.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated as this has been going on for three weeks now.

Attachments

That takes me back to 1969. :yikes:
Why 1969 Dick?
I would have loved to find out why this weird texture problem happened. Just uninstalled p3d v4.5 and reinstalled, so far I don't see the issue. I did a few things before this issue came, installed Windows 10, tweeked the .cfg, among other things.

What graphic card do you have? It looks to me as if you ran out of VRAM.
I don't think that is the case. I am running v4.5 in my older system, i7 4790K, GTX970, which for V4.5 works fine. I do run v5 in a new system. There are several scenarios that I find interesting, right before this started happening:
1. I first installed V5 in my old system on a separate drive to test, then uninstalled it. Did that screw something up?
2. I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
3. I did some tweaks on the .CFG before this started.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Since everything looks fine when you first fire up the sim, I don't think that the issue has anything to do with your installation or screwed up files. I used to get those type of artifacts every now with my old card, which was an older GTX as well. Since I upgraded the graphics card to an RTX and maxed out my RAM to 32GB, I haven't seen those problems any more.

Since everything looks fine when you first fire up the sim, I don't think that the issue has anything to do with your installation or screwed up files. I used to get those type of artifacts every now with my old card, which was an older GTX as well. Since I upgraded the graphics card to an RTX and maxed out my RAM to 32GB, I haven't seen those problems any more.
Just a question. If it were the gpu, wouldn't the problem persist with the same addons? I have recreated the same scenery addons, activesky, and there are no texture issues so far. It is the same old computer with a P3dv4.5 reinstall. Before that, I was running V4.3 without ever encountering that problem.
In my new system, I do have an RTX 2070 super, and RAM to spare, yet V5 still has lots of issues.:(

Vitus

Resource contributor
If it were the gpu, wouldn't the problem persist with the same addons?
not necessarily - for instance it would depend on every program and service that is running on your os at that time as well as the configuration of the sim. When I had those type of issues, they would manifest at various times, sometimes after 30 minutes of flying, sometimes after an hour, sometimes not at all.
Maybe a way to find out would be to have a hardware monitoring tool log the VRAM and RAM usage.

When I had those type of issues, they would manifest at various times, sometimes after 30 minutes of flying, sometimes after an hour, sometimes not at all.
In my case, these weird textures would manifest immediately after starting the sim. I use the default helicopter to scan my scenery for adjustments, and would notice the textures even before taking off, or after changing the view. Your input is highly valuable, thanks for taking the time.