• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX What Is A Good Airport Photo Site

Country
unitedstates
Hi everyone.

I'm just wondering if there are any good airport photo sites that you know of. I'm working on KDSM (Des Moines International Airport) I have been using http://www.airliners.net/ for a few hangars, but it's not enough, and I don't have access to the airport.

Thanks in advance.

Country
us-washington
While I don't have any advice on where to get good airport photos I encourage you to take a look at Forest - FSX / P3D Tree Placement Tool available here. It's a new graphical utility to help airport scenery designers quickly place vegetation according to real-world location for the region within about a 10km radius around an airport.

Country
australia
Don't know of any particular site as people tend to get dragged away for questioning if they photograph airports. For example, even google streetview leaves out roads that are around major airports.

You can try searching picture sharing sites like instagram, flickr, panoramio etc for the airport name, some people take holiday photos and you may get lucky.

You can also try googling this:
Code:
des moines airport filetype:pdf

Sometimes there will be reports done on an airport (usually for expansion plans) and these may include photos if you are lucky.

tylerpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
www.bing.com/maps has 45° angle maps that you can rotate, so you can see the side of airport buildings. You have to select "bird's eye" at the top of the screen and zoom into the airport to get the 45° angle.

Country
unitedstates
I never thought of using flickr. I love bing maps birds eye view, I've been using it for years.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I use Paroramio.com that comes with Google earth. Bing has 45 angle of view in USA an Europe but not in most of Asia.

Country
singapore
you can try jetphotos.net. If you're really struggling like I am then sifting through social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Flickr has found me treasures too. Although you have to sift through a whole bunch of selfies and food shots. Small airports then to be much easier on social media sites as there are fewer photos of people inside the terminal which usually isn't that helpful for modelling the outside of an airport.

Country
australia
Flickr and Panoramio the best by far

Also try "Photos taken at X airport" in facebook, they recently added this feature late last year, it helps me a lot doing NSTU Pago Pago