• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

What is FSX Planner? (an airport editor)

If you are wondering what FSX Planner is then this thread should answer that question!

FSX Planner is a graphical editing tool designed to help users edit existing airports or create new ones for use within Flight Simulator X.

MAIN DESIGN DISPLAY
The main display of FSX Planner shows a top down view of the airport. You can work on multiple airports simultaneously, each one having its own window. The display shows all aspects of the airport and is completely customizable. This allows you to display and focus on only those parts of the airport that are of current interest.

TOOLBARS:
All of FSX Planner's editing features are intended to be accessible via a toolbar containing the various tools needed to construct or edit the airport. These range from selection tools, to specific runway or apron or taxiway tools.

OBJECTS PROPERTIES:
The screen is designed to be used as efficiently as possible while showing as much information as possible. This is done through the user of object property displays which are always available. Changes made to an object via one of these displays will instantly be reflected in the main display of the airport, removing the need to constantly open and close displays or click OK or Apply buttons.

ERROR CHECKING:
FSX Planner includes various unique error checking tools. These are intended to help you find potential problems with the airport, such as jetways that do not have associated gates, or taxiways that are associated with non-existant runways.

WIZARDS:
There are several wizards included with FSX Planner to help you through the creation process of some of the more difficult aspects of airport design, such as Taxiway Signs. These wizards provide a unique approach to simplify the creation or modification of an airport.

COMPILING YOUR NEW AIRPORT
FSX Planner makes it easy to compile your new airport into the BGL file format used by Flight Simulator. The compile feature allows you to specify where the newly created BGL file should be placed, as well as what parts of the airport should be included within the file. This allows you to create BGL files for the entire airport, or for specific parts, such as runways and taxiways, or aprons, or fences, or whatever it is that you need.

CONSTANT DEVELOPMENT AND PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT
FSX Planner is being developed as a fun project by several professional programmers. The enjoyment of flying and of Flight Simulator is what drives this project. We hope that FSX Planner becomes an extremely useful and widely used tool within the flight simulator community.

DOWNLOADING FSX PLANNER:
FSX Planner is available for free at the following website: http://www.zbluesoftware.com/fsxplanner Please note that FSX Planner is still in development and as such, there is no manual or installer yet. But those exciting features are coming soon!

Last edited:
FSX Planner Screen Shots

Here are some screen shots of FSX Planner to provide a general idea of the application.

Last edited:
Country
brazil
Grid

Hi, Russell

I can see in your screens that there is a grid.

Why is not there in the mine, please?

Any kind of configuration? I have Build 12, I think is the last one.

Regards,

José

Country
brazil
Taxiway Sign

Hi, Russell

The idea on how to create taxiway sign is the best and smart I have seen.

Congratulations.

José

Hi, Russell

I can see in your screens that there is a grid.

Why is not there in the mine, please?

Any kind of configuration? I have Build 12, I think is the last one.

Regards,

José

Hi Jose,

You should be able to display the lat/lon lines by selecting Display -> Show Lat/Lon Lines. If this is checked and you still can't see the lines, then maybe the default color isn't dark enough for you to see the lines. You can change the default color by selecting the preferences dialog (File -> Preferences) and then clicking the Colors tab. Then scroll to the bottom of the list and double click on the lat/lon background color. Then you can choose any color you like for the lines.

-Russell

Country
brazil
Hi, Russell

Hi Jose,

You should be able to display the lat/lon lines by selecting Display -> Show Lat/Lon Lines. If this is checked and you still can't see the lines, then maybe the default color isn't dark enough for you to see the lines. You can change the default color by selecting the preferences dialog (File -> Preferences) and then clicking the Colors tab. Then scroll to the bottom of the list and double click on the lat/lon background color. Then you can choose any color you like for the lines.

-Russell

That's ok.

Thanks a lot.

José

Last edited:
Country
brazil
Adding Boundary Fence

Hi, Russell

I'm trying to ADD (I think this the right English word for that) a Boundaryfence to my airport, using you tool (Build 12), but I could not accomplish two steps:

1. The first and last point of my fence do not get together automatically (snap to);

2. I could not INSERT (I think this the right English word for that) a new point in the fence line I just created, although I could delete.

Is there something I am lacking or forgetting to do?

Kind regards,

José

Hi, Russell

I'm trying to ADD (I think this the right English word for that) a Boundaryfence to my airport, using you tool (Build 12), but I could not accomplish two steps:

1. The first and last point of my fence do not get together automatically (snap to);

2. I could not INSERT (I think this the right English word for that) a new point in the fence line I just created, although I could delete.

Is there something I am lacking or forgetting to do?

Kind regards,

José

1) To close a boundary fence you need to hold the shift key down when double clicking to create the last point. This will then close the fence by creating a final point at the same location as the start location.

As an example if you want to create a square fence, you'd create the first, second and third points by single clicking, then you'd create the last (fourth) point by double clicking while holding down the shift key. This would create the fourth point, plus also create a fifth point at the same location as the first point. This results in a closed fence.

2) To insert a point you need to be using the fence insert tool. To get this tool you select the fence edit tool, then select the fence. The fence should turn blue. Then right click until you get the fence add tool, which looks just like the edit fence tool, but has a plus (+) sign in the corner. Then you can click on the fence at the location you want the new vertex. It may help to be zoomed in on the location you want the new vertex to be. This is because a fence is just a single line and it be difficult to click on it if you are zoom far out.

Hopefully that answers your questions.
-Russell

Country
australia
Hey Jose im new to FSX Planner i made an airport everythings working fine but i have a problem with the COM frequencies attached below is the error list
Ignore the start locations i have fixed those its just the com frequency errors that tripped me up

View attachment 2552

Last edited:
Country
australia
Hi Jose,
Thanks for the tips ill check those links out and tell you how it goes:)