P3D v4 What is the pink blocked areas in animation manager mean?

Tom's right - there are several different flap xmls that I use depending on the AI model.

However if Arno at least converted them from l_Flap to L_Flap_percent then the animation would be kept during the initial export and could be adjusted later. Useful for those times when I forget to remap the flaps during the initial phase of conversion.

While we are at it, Arno - is there any way you could remap "unknown" animations (which is nearly always a tick18 animation) to Ambient during the initial import?

Thanks
Gavin

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
In the past their was no unknown and they all became ambient, but on purpose that was removed. Tick18 should import as tick18 btw, and not as unknown.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
If you are looking at these again, some others that get lost are;

c_tire to c_tire_blurred
l_tire to l_tire_blurred
r_tire to r_tire_blurred

Hope this helps,
I have added these to the translation list as well now. Will be in the next development release.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
One more conversion to add:

rudder_water_deploy to lever_water_rudder

The problem with this one is that the animation ends up reversed, but that's the best that can be done? (At least it's not lost.) I have developed my own modeldef entry to fix this after conversion.
This one added as well (almost forgot it).

About the reversed animation, I plan to add a function in the hierarchy editor to reverse the animation. But until then I guess your modeldef.xml tweak works best.