• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 What is the pink blocked areas in animation manager mean?

Tom's right - there are several different flap xmls that I use depending on the AI model.

However if Arno at least converted them from l_Flap to L_Flap_percent then the animation would be kept during the initial export and could be adjusted later. Useful for those times when I forget to remap the flaps during the initial phase of conversion.

While we are at it, Arno - is there any way you could remap "unknown" animations (which is nearly always a tick18 animation) to Ambient during the initial import?

Thanks
Gavin

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
In the past their was no unknown and they all became ambient, but on purpose that was removed. Tick18 should import as tick18 btw, and not as unknown.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
If you are looking at these again, some others that get lost are;

c_tire to c_tire_blurred
l_tire to l_tire_blurred
r_tire to r_tire_blurred

Hope this helps,

I have added these to the translation list as well now. Will be in the next development release.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
One more conversion to add:

rudder_water_deploy to lever_water_rudder

The problem with this one is that the animation ends up reversed, but that's the best that can be done? (At least it's not lost.) I have developed my own modeldef entry to fix this after conversion.

This one added as well (almost forgot it).

About the reversed animation, I plan to add a function in the hierarchy editor to reverse the animation. But until then I guess your modeldef.xml tweak works best.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Thanks Arno, that’s great. That will be a big help for those that don’t realize those will be lost upon conversion without some kind of intervention.

The animation reversal will be handy, thanks.

Country
us-northcarolina
"If you use the l_flap_percent_key versions for AI aircraft, they will use flaps only while on approach for landing, not while taxiing or while taking off. I have some modeldef additions that add takeoff flaps that deploy at the hold short node before taking the runway that I've been using for my AI aircraft." quote from Tom Gibson.
Tom-could you explain this or in other words....I have ai's that have flaps that do nothing....Some stay down and don't retract or deploy in taxiing.....will this be fixed automatically or do I (we-the total novice) need to do anything special?
Thank for all you do and Arno and everyone else.
Bob M.

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
If the animation doesn't work properly in MCX then there is nothing a modeldef entry can do. They must animate properly in MCX before you have a chance of them working as an AI aircraft. This must be part of the conversion process - checking at each step that all animations are still working properly.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi Arno,

I do apologize, but I forgot that the FSX equivalent to c_tire, etc. is not c_tire_blurred but instead is c_tire_blurred_key. So you will need to change the translation the current version makes (which yields pink lines in the Animation Editor) to:

c_tire to c_tire_blurred_key
l_tire to l_tire_blurred_key
r_tire to r_tire_blurred_key

Again, my apologies.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
And don't forget that the current translation of rudder_water_deploy to lever_water_rudder yields a backwards animation. I'm not sure what can be done about that, other than offer an option in MCX to reverse the animation, which you already have on your to do list. Perhaps you have a capability of adding a modeldef entry into the model's file? If so, a lever_water_rudder_reversed entry could do that. I have the code for it.

Thanks,

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Tom,

I'll check those two items.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Or perhaps you can automatically reverse the rudder_water_deploy animation when you convert it to lever_water_rudder?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I need to check if I can do that at that moment. But later, because a cold is keeping me away from my pc now.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Tom,

Sorry, it took a little longer than I hoped. I have fixed the automatic conversion for the tire animations now.

Also in the hierarchy editor I have added an option to reverse an animation. You can now right click on the animation and select reverse.

1549743498953.png

Both changes will be in the next development release.