What to enter for min and max?

I find it difficult to enter the proper perameters for 'between'. I assume time of day is self-explanatory. NAV1 or 2 in CAT or MDL-T instead of entering 111.00 one enters 1100h.

Now- if I choose to enter something for adf on radio, what do I enter? I tried a frequency of 321 button was set to dec. This did not work. For the button set to hex I also haven't a clue. The note on the right side mentions the number after the dot. xxx.2 is in hex. This is not clear to me at all. Obviously 321 does not mean 321 on the user's radio for adf.
So- is there a chart for mdl t that tells use what to use? Ergo- I want a freqency of 321 min and max to trigger an object. The chart would tell me... 321 enter xxx for dec or yyy for hex so 321 is the correct freqency to activate the object.

--------- next-

If there is a condition already applied to the object in FSDS does this render any mdl T triggers or tweaks ineffective? In other words, just to test things I made a basic globe and named it with lights LIGHT_NAV, made it red and emissive red. I made another one slightly smaller and colored it dark grey. The red one I gave a condition of night.

Fiinishing up with FSDS I went to mdl Tweaker II and got the _temp file. my globe showed up fine. i ran the new conditon, chose adf and entered 321 min 321 max. applied and saved. Then placed this tweaked file and added it to one of my libraries. I placed it in a scenery somewhere and restarted fs9 to see the results. No light during the day. Good. red light at night- good, but I wanted (fsds condition is working) it to still not light up until I entered the adf freqency of 321. This did not occur.

It seems obvious I am not entering the correct numbers for min and max to get a frequency of 321; at least it seems so to me at this point.

So, I need to know what to enter in min and max for the various cnoditions. Such as in CAT 1100h for 111.00. The tutorial was very good for that. I need something like that for mdl T.

And - If I understand correctly CAT is for animation, MDL Tweaker II is for everything else. These are all basic questions others most likely know the answer to - this bonehead (me) is just trying to sort things out. Thank you, Bob

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

For the way to enter variables have a look at this thread. It contains some samples for the ADF as well.

I don't know FSDS good enough to know what kind of conditions it can apply. As it uses MakeMDL I guess it must be quite limited. But I can't tell you how MDL Tweaker deals with them, as I don't know what FSDS can apply (and how it does so).

CAT is indeed for tweaking animations, while MDL Tweaker allows you to tweak the object itself (conditions on the display of the entire object).

Hi,

just a question. I tried to make a approach light triggered with NAV1 frequency (with MDL Tweaker2). But I had no success. The NAV1 frequency is 110.30 . I entered 1030 in DEC mode and also tried in HEX mode (First changed the little flyout beside the values). But nothing happened. Sometimes the lights were visible, no matter which NAV1 I turn on in my radio, sometimes the lights stay unvisible. What did i wrong? Entering 1030h will cause MDLTW2 to quit. I also tried MASK or BETWEEN. No change.
Any suggestions?

Thorsten

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Thorsten,

You should enter 1030 in hex mode (the h means hex mode as well). I think it is best to use a between condition and then enter 1030 for both min and max. That should be enough to get it working.

Hi Arno,

finally...... after some more testings I discovered that the problem is caused by another reason. I wanted to tweak an approach light (just BGL light Light_Nav) that it will only show at a special NAV1 setting and in dependence to the wind direction. But finally i discovered that the BGL_Lights wont behave like a normal object. I added a simple cube to my modell and now tweaking works, but only the cube will appear/disappear corresponding to NAV1, the lights are visible at all settings. Do you know any solution to make FS9 BGL_Lights tweakable? or a handcoded tweaking like "Separation Plane" I could use with FS2002 SDK?:confused:

Thorsten

Hi, I suddenly discovered that all this nonsense about Light_Nav etc can be overcome. If you look at the pic this ramplight is made with a bmp that I did in PSP-X. The Part Name is Ground Light with default colours i.e. I didn't arrange or change anything. In PSP I used the Illumination Effect to get the light I wanted.
The only condition I put on it was with the MDL Tweaker. Well I am pleased with it anyway.

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Thorsten,

But finally i discovered that the BGL_Lights wont behave like a normal object. I added a simple cube to my modell and now tweaking works, but only the cube will appear/disappear corresponding to NAV1, the lights are visible at all settings. Do you know any solution to make FS9 BGL_Lights tweakable?
If you tweak a MDL with MDL Tweaker, any BGL_LIGHT command inside should respond to the same condition as well. They are no different. If you have a MDL file where that is not the case, could you please send it to me? Then I can check what is causing this.