• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 What would cause Airplane to boot up into P3D V4 with mixture off?

Country
us-arizona
I wonder what is causing this? Any idea's?

While testing yesterday in FSX Accelleration (not Steam), I found it doing this also in the entry default flight near that Island, over the water, where you start in flight up in the sky. Again, the mixture was at zero.

I have no gauges that cause this... I hope I dont. :S I didnt make any that do this. Any idea's?

Gasoline powered, single engine, four seater (Diamond DA40). Regular, plane jane aircraft.

Bill
LHC

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
The sim always launches using whatever condition the "default aircraft" was saved in. If for any reason the "default flight" - which is the powered kite - was saved with the fuel value OFF (which in this case would be a mixture lever), then every aircraft that has a mixture control will load in the "off position."

Country
us-arizona
Thanks for that Bill. Unfortunately, when I leave the sim, the plane is always running. Mostly testing things. Its most all prop planes. The jet (F24) that boots up in default in V4 is fine, running hot and good. But not prop planes...

I start up in the setup window. I wonder if that might be part of the issue. Though this did start happening a couple of weeks ago. Was fine until then.

Country
unitedstates
A thought, that often clears up trouble like this:
Exit the sim first.
Go into your sims .cfg file, such as FSX.cfg for example, find the heading [USERINTERFACE] . Under that is the line SITUATION= .Simply delete any and everything after the equals sign (=) . Save the file off, and restart the sim. See what happens with the fuel valve.
Remember, this isn't the backup FSX.cfg file found under the main FSX folder, but the one located in C:\Users\<Your User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX , for example.
When you start up the sim again, the flight will be the sim's original, default, default flight, if that makes any sense. This makes certain ALL the aircraft variables (the A: variables) are reset to their default settings. What they should, and would, be if you had just installed the sim for the very first time. This often eliminates trouble such as these.

Hope this helps a bit...
Pat☺