What's the Problem with FS PilotShop.com!

When I go the official website https://www.fspilotshop.com, I get this message every time, and does not make any sense:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) Server at www.fspilotshop.com Port 443

Are they still in business or have they closed down? I asked another person and he said he cannot assess the website either. So, what's going on here? If there are any of you who can go to the website, let me know. They may have changed their web address.

Ken.

Works here... Maybe it was a temporary outage that has been fixed. I would reccomend trying again soon. If still doesn't work try a different browser.

Works here... Maybe it was a temporary outage that has been fixed. I would reccomend trying again soon. If still doesn't work try a different browser.
Hi all,
Thanks for you inputs, so now I know they're still up and running. I just tried it again and I'm still getting the same error message. It seems to point to a problem with my internet browser.

Ken.

hairyspin

Resource contributor
I’d check your security and firewall settings, Ken. They stopped me getting to another FS shop website until I made an exception for the site.

Ronald

Resource contributor
The meaning of the error show avove is that:
- Your browser wants to (directly) access a (hidden) directory on the website.
- The website server-software is blocking that attempt (to read directly into the webserver's /ROOT directory)

So..having said this:
- What is the exact URL you are typing into your browser to get to the website?
- What kind of Internet browser and/or add-ons/ browser plugin are you using?

- What is the exact URL you are typing into your browser to get to the website?
- What kind of Internet browser and/or add-ons/ browser plugin are you using?
The website is working now. The URL I put in was correct. I had received an e-mail from the pilot shop store and clicked on their link, so the URL was not the reason for the issue. I don't understand why I had the issue in the first place, and even my brother was not able to go on the website either. I'm using Internet Explorer 11 and I don't have any internet addons or plugins as I know of. But it works now.

Ken.

Last edited:

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Looks like they've let their security cert expire. You can click though but you'll continue to get the warning message until they update the security certificate.

Its something on their end. I agree i noticed 2 months ago their security cert was coming in 2 months and i was thinking i wonder why its so close. And now i see its true.

Not long ago, Google Chrome stopped trusting SSL Certs issued by Symantec. It was discovered that Symantec had been issuing certs to websites that shouldn't have gotten them. So in order to force websites to get SSL certs from a trusted source, Chrome started to throw up warning pages to scare people away from the website until they upgraded the cert. I'm not sure this is what you ran into, but with some folks able to access it while you cannot sounds like they might be accessing with a web browser other then Chrome. Just something for you to look at.

Vance

Hey-ho!
Anyone got any notification from FSPilotShop about "surprise" changes?
Few days ago site was down, now it has completely new design
Also all my products are "denied" and not on sale.. strange af
Thoughts?

I'm surprised more people aren't discussing this here.
It seems they are still trading products that vendors are making active. However all of my sale history has gone now and I haven't received a payment in many months. I do not understand how they can continue to sell products without notifying current vendors on what has happened.

christopherbritton

Resource contributor
Someone tipped off that they were updating their website on a Facebook group I'm a part of (A month or two back). The "new" site has been up for at least a few weeks now. Since I last checked, I don't really see any visual progress, but they could be wrapped up in database issues, as it doesn't seem to be a smooth transition at all.

The vendor area is still a bit messy with lots of product listing issues. All of my product listings are labeled under the wrong categories and compatibilities. Out of six listings, only one is labeled as granted. Even though there is an option to edit products, they must have changes blocked or need to manually approve it, as the changes didn't take effect.

Personally, I'm just going to see what comes of it in a month or so time.

christopherbritton

Resource contributor
Logging into my personal account, I cant view my past orders either. Luckily I have all my purchases saved locally. I hate it for those that don't though..