• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Wheel rotation - wobble

Country
unitedstates
After processing an aircraft thru MCX I find that the pair of nose wheels are now a bit oblong and wobble when turning.
Any pointers at to where to correct this would be appreciated. The main gear does not have this problem so I'm a bit confused.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Are you saying they are actually oval in shape and not round?

Country
unitedstates
Are you saying they are actually oval in shape and not round?
From a side profile they are not circular.
In FS2004 you do not see this issue.

Attachments

• nose wheels.jpg
    nose wheels.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 77

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Actually they look round, just tilted. I assume they wobble from side to side. You might be able to rotate them to vertical using the technique here:

But what happens to the animations I don't know. You may have to rotate the animations as well?

Country
netherlands
Looks like the wheels are downscaled along one of the 3 axis. What if you load/export the model with the stable version of MCX (1.4) ?

Country
unitedstates
Actually they look round, just tilted. I assume they wobble from side to side. You might be able to rotate them to vertical using the technique here:

But what happens to the animations I don't know. You may have to rotate the animations as well?
Thanks for the article, I can use it to solve a different issue on the aircraft.

Country
netherlands
Tony, thanks for checking with MCX 1.4. So it seems the FS9 model is not the problem but something which was introduced in one of the dev versions of MCX.

Henk.

Country
netherlands
This problem seems very exceptional, I tested about a dozen FSX models until I found one which the same issue. This time, 1.5 DEV makes the the main wheels egg shaped, nose wheel is OK. Attached 2 MDL files of the left gear cluster (one exported with 1.4 stable and one exported with 1.4 DEV 23 May 2021).
If you compare the wheel part transformation values it looks like the original wheel part has scale values which are less than 1.0. MCX 1.4 keeps these scaling values while 1.5 changes them to 1.0.
At least with Blender, the rule is to avoid part scale values other than 1.0 when building FSX/P3D models so it could be a modeling issue.

Attachments

• MCX_Wheel_issue.zip
    74.2 KB · Views: 71
  • MCX_wheel_test.png
    MCX_wheel_test.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited: